clutch install: boss spring location differs in Manual vs Parts Fiche

Hi,

I am installing new OEM clutch kit into a WR250F 2015. 

The first photo shows how the printed service manual locates all the parts. The boss sprint looks to be after the 2nd fibre ring. ( Number #3 in the picture)

The online parts fiche shows a different location for the boss spring, after the steel ring. (Numbered #13 in the picture)

I plan to follow what the manual says, but was wondering why there is a difference, and what difference could it make?  

thanks!

IMG_20190930_195343_01.jpg

IMG_20190930_200253_01.jpg

Won't matter which way it's drawn in the diagrams because that cushion ring doesn't sit against the friction plate, but inside of it.

• Helpful 1

59 minutes ago, YZEtc said:

Won't matter which way it's drawn in the diagrams because that cushion ring doesn't sit against the friction plate, but inside of it.

oh, so its the steel rings then holding it in place then ? I didn't realize that..

When you start installing the parts, it will become obvious.

Just make sure you get the order of the friction plates correct because the one with the cushion ring inside of it has a larger inner diameter.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, YZEtc said:

When you start installing the parts, it will become obvious.

Just make sure you get the order of the friction plates correct because the one with the cushion ring inside of it has a larger inner diameter.

I did a quick check last night and yes, it became obvious 🙂 thanks for the help.  Oh, yeah, I have all the parts laid out and marked so I put them in the correct order.