1998 KLX300 How to lube upper shock mount?

Surprised no one with a KLX has responded.  I don't have a KLX, but most bikes I have had the inner sleeve just slides out so you can then get to the bearings.  I just lubed up my son's XR400 swingarm, linkage and upper shock mount yesterday and all the bearings had sleeves that just slid out to either side so that I could get grease to the bearings.  Some are different though, some of the sleeves are 2-piece units where each half slides out from the middle.  I haven't messed with those in a while, but I think in the past I was able to tap a small flathead screwdriver or pick from the center towards the outside where I was able to just catch the seam between them in the center to slide them out. 

I think your lack of detail was the lack of response, If you are talking about the rear shock top bolt and hole, you have to lower the swingarm and tip the shock out. I use Silkolene red grease on mine, the bottom of the shock has a bearing. Also make sure the top is not overtorqued, it should not really need lubed. Personally I take my linkages apart every couple of years, spray all the grease out and repack with the Silkolene. Check all the seals, one small crack and the bearing rust, if they are good dont replace just grease and seat good. If you want to go cheap just back the bolt off and spray some PB blaster in there and tighten to spec.

Thanks for input. I could not find a way to take any part of the upper rear shock "bearing/bushing" area. Near as I can tell the rubber bushing is fused to the steal bushing. I think the it does not come apart? You would just have to press the whole thing out? So I just put some grease between the bolt and the bushing for corrosion prevention, because I am guessing that it does not pivot in the bushing?

Let me know if you agree or not.

Thanks as always.

It is the same as my old 96 KDX200 I had apart many times, yes just pull the bolt, run a wire brush inside the bushing, and wire wheel the bolt, grease and reinsert. 

Whenever you are in doubt go to Bike Bandit and pull the fiche.

image.png.244ef60c35ab026b2f55704d26a43631.png