2016 250FX shifting troubles

Since dropping a tooth on front sprocket I can no longer upshift (without using clutch) while engine is slightly revving.  I've adjusted clutch at perch and change oil regularly without luck.

Any suggestion would be helpful 

Why did you got a 12t sprocket? 

Stock 13-51 gearing is perfect. 

I don't think your shifting issues have anything to do with changing the front sprocket. 

• Like 1

If you need to gear down, consider a 52T rear sprocket.  I regularly run 51/52T with success.

Check your shift lever for being loose, and check position... with boots on.  I like a high lever position to protect the lever and shaft.  My technique is to lift my left leg slightly on up shift, and raise my foot up and tap the lever down for down shift.  That is because I broke my left ankle and it won't bend normally.

I run a 52 on a 2nd wheel and it’s perfect for riding tighter slower stuff.

• Like 1

I’ve actually gone the opposite direction before. I put a 49 tooth rear on and it make 1st gear actually useful. Sprockets are cheap, try a few out and see what works best for you. 

As for the shifting I’d look at chain tension if nothing else has changed. Also make sure the shifter isn’t bent. Not much clearance on the stock lever, if it gets tweaked it hits the ignition cover easily. 

Yes, the 12 tooth. Thanks for the info... I'll check it out.

Actually my brothers issue...I do believe he assumed the 12 tooth would  get more low end and he wouldnt  have to downshift upon landing off jumps in loam...or in the air

Thank you for your input