What Type(s) of Riding Do You Do?

ThumperTalk

What type(s) of riding do you do?  

450 members have voted

1. 1. What type(s) of riding do you do? Select all that apply.

• Motocross
    • Trail Riding
    • Dunes
    • Dual Sporting
    • Supermoto (on a track)
    • Street Biking (commuting or pleasure)
    • Trials

• NoFiddyPilot changed the title to What Type(s) of Riding Do You Do?
4 minutes ago, Fatt_Tones said:

Thank you ?  It was an amazingly fun season of riding and I’m already stoked for next year!

I hear ya. I raced 3 weeks in a row most i have in last 4 years lol . Pic i posted was last Sunday 

Edited by Motox367
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Motox367 said:

I hear ya. I raced 3 weeks in a row most i have in last 4 years lol . Pic i posted was last Sunday 

Congratulations by the way ?  

I’ve started training already for next season.  

D837A567-6F1C-4AB2-AD3F-E8692DDA4282.jpeg.dc77a7fe90920649150ac93ff8238f3b.jpeg

8540D64C-067D-4BD6-9AC1-B458A21EF875.thumb.png.a9aff762abd9ec3ff92d0772d7219799.png

Planning to hit up a moto riding school in the spring where a riding buddy of mine teaches.  Currently shopping for an older cargo van to outfit for moto over the winter.  The Mrs. has agreed to hit the road with me next season for as many races as our life schedule will allow (two of our three kids are adults now).  With any luck I’ll have my first podium and one of them fancy trophies too ? 

• Like 4
  • Helpful 1

1 minute ago, Fatt_Tones said:

Congratulations by the way ?  

I’ve started training already for next season.  

D837A567-6F1C-4AB2-AD3F-E8692DDA4282.jpeg.dc77a7fe90920649150ac93ff8238f3b.jpeg

8540D64C-067D-4BD6-9AC1-B458A21EF875.thumb.png.a9aff762abd9ec3ff92d0772d7219799.png

Planning to hit up a moto riding school in the spring where a riding buddy of mine teaches.  Currently shopping for an older cargo van to outfit for moto over the winter.  The Mrs. has agreed to hit the road with me next season for as many races as our life schedule will allow (two of our three kids are adults now).  With any luck I’ll have my first podium and one of them fancy trophies too ? 

Dam training and everything lol you're getting serious ???? that's good tho i just wing it ?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Motox367 said:

Dam training and everything lol you're getting serious ???? that's good tho i just wing it ?

Ha ha yeah, I love to say it’s training for moto,  but it’s really just training for life.  Well that and I want to run a 1/2 marathon with my wife next summer.  Although moto I think provides the biggest motivation to train, I learned this past season there’s no substitute for seat time.  Many times I was the fittest guy out there on the track and would still get my ass handed to me ? 

• Helpful 2

5 minutes ago, Fatt_Tones said:

Ha ha yeah, I love to say it’s training for moto,  but it’s really just training for life.  Well that and I want to run a 1/2 marathon with my wife next summer.  Although moto I think provides the biggest motivation to train, I learned this past season there’s no substitute for seat time.  Many times I was the fittest guy out there on the track and would still get my ass handed to me ? 

That's true gotta put the time in on the bike. Although the cardio is a very good thing.  Im glad local races are only 4-5 laps rn im not in good as shape as use to be . I want to win tho so thats my drive when gate drops 

• Helpful 1

1 hour ago, Motox367 said:

That's true gotta put the time in on the bike. Although the cardio is a very good thing.  Im glad local races are only 4-5 laps rn im not in good as shape as use to be . I want to win tho so thats my drive when gate drops 

Don't get my wrong, I rode at every conceivable opportunity and managed 55+ hours on the bike this summer.  I just have tons to learn about moto still.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fatt_Tones said:

Thanks.

Yes!  This exactly.  I have good midair bike control and am willing to do jumps that a lot of guys in my class won't, but I struggle in the corners.

Well thats a good thing and once corner speed comes up jumps be even easier ? get up front and look ahead ??. On the gas or on the brake  no coasting . You'll learn all that at the mx school 

• Helpful 2