18 - 19 fork changes??

So few questions,  i got an 18 and 19 yz 450f  I've pulled both sets of forks apart at the same time one set is stock and one set had been played with by a crazy tuner.. so question is did yamaha change spring perches from 18 to 19? Ive got 3 diff length perches here, does  any one  know the standard length??  Also the springs in both forks are supposed to be standard but the spring in one looks slightly different, like 0.5 mm futher apart on the  coils, they are definatly genuine springs regardless

Check if the part numbers changed. I have not had any 18/19 forks apart but Yamaha does make some unadvertised changes all the time. Sometimes it is difficult to tell since on some parts Yamaha only sells the assembly but they should list the spring perches seperately.

Thanks for your reply yes u did check the numbers of the perches and  they are different, im just not sure how they are changed

There are a lot of minor differences.  I bought a set of 2019 cartridges and they wouldn't even fit in the 2018 forks.  So there are a lot of minor dimensional chnages in the top of the forks.  I had to take the 2019 shim stacks and swap those into the 2018 cartridges.  I don't know about the spring perches but I wouldn't think they were the same.

--KT--