Headlight Wiring 2T

Quick question for the electrically inclined fellas....

I have a Cyclops LED on my 200rr. Cyclops states that the low beam will not work on the 2T models but mine does, sometimes.

I want to disable the low beam and dont know if I should clip a wire at the switch or at the headlight itself. Problem now is the low beam is on and off all the time and will drive any person crazy. Its not a flicker, just random and all connections look good.

Or I could grab a 3 position switch from Sicass Racing but thats 45 bucks, Would clean up the bars a bit though

Let me know your thoughts

wire 4.jpg

wire 2.jpg

wire 3.jpgwire.jpg.0d058e3b991025447c7f5481e3ca7a3b.jpg

Edited by Wilderness

Personally, I would just remove the low beam wire out of the connector at the headlight. Should just be a little tab holding it in. That way if you ever needed to put it back in for any reason the wire would still be intact. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, thefullmonte said:

Personally, I would just remove the low beam wire out of the connector at the headlight. Should just be a little tab holding it in. That way if you ever needed to put it back in for any reason the wire would still be intact. 

Yes it would be nice to go back... Appreciate the reply. 

Can you tell by the diagram which one is the low beam wire or trial and error? lt blue vs pink

looks like pink is high beam due to the flash to pass #15 but no sure 

18 minutes ago, Wilderness said:

Yes it would be nice to go back... Appreciate the reply. 

Can you tell by the diagram which one is the low beam wire or trial and error? lt blue vs pink

looks like pink is high beam due to the flash to pass #15 but no sure 

I'm not 100% positive either. I just grabbed my manual, and I would agree that the low beam is very likely the blue wire. If you have a multi-meter it would be very easy to test at the connector with the headlight unplugged and the bike running. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thefullmonte said:

Exactly

• Like 1

The sky blue wire (marked "Az" for azule) is low beam.  The pink wire (marked "Ro" for rose) high beam, which is why an additional wire goes from the switch to the high beam indicator on the speedo.  There are plenty of videos on the web that show how to remove a pin from a Molex electrical connector. 

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

43 minutes ago, wwguy said:

The sky blue wire (marked "Az" for azule) is low beam.  The pink wire (marked "Ro" for rose) high beam, which is why an additional wire goes from the switch to the high beam indicator on the speedo.  There are plenty of videos on the web that show how to remove a pin from a Molex electrical connector. 

Didnt even consider the high beam indicator! Makes perfect sense now

• Like 1

Buddy just installed this headlight on his 300rr and having the same issue. We'll have to try pulling the low beam wire thanks!

• Like 1

LEDs need DC,. Your lighting circuit is likely ac.  Cyclops sells a plug and play rectifier, or you can build one.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

13 hours ago, highmarker said:

LEDs need DC,. Your lighting circuit is likely ac.  Cyclops sells a plug and play rectifier, or you can build one.

The kit from Beta include the rectifier. Cyclops states that the low beam will not work so not sure why its sporadic.

13 hours ago, mikd said:

Buddy just installed this headlight on his 300rr and having the same issue. We'll have to try pulling the low beam wire thanks!

I pulled my low beam wire (light blue) last night up below the dash computer in that cluster of plugs. That seemed to work, but like i said its sporadic so time will tell if I pulled the correct wire.... It did still run though so at least I didnt pull an important wire

• Like 1