Boy these guys are hard to please. Not one like, or comment so far (besides mine). That is a damn fine whip.

At 50 years old, I am just learning to whip, and mine look nothing like that. Well done.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fitz235 said:

Boy these guys are hard to please. Not one like, or comment so far (besides mine). That is a damn fine whip.

At 50 years old, I am just learning to whip, and mine look nothing like that. Well done.

Thank you Sir! I'm a youngin at 16 years of age.

From my experience there are couple of things that are a must for learning to whip.

1- Make sure you are sitting down on the approach and face of the jump. (bad things can happen if you are standing)

2-Whipping is really as easy as just leaning and pulling your bars to the side, leaning is a bit more scary so I would try pulling around the bars first.

I'm no expert but I've learned my fair share in the process. 

Happy riding

Edited by Jeremy Faucher
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Jeremy Faucher said:

Thank you Sir! I'm a youngin at 16 years of age.

From my experience there are couple of things that are a must for learning to whip.

1- Make sure you are sitting down on the approach and face of the jump. (bad things can happen if you are standing)

2-Whipping is really as easy as just leaning and pulling your bars to the side, leaning is a bit more scary so I would try pulling around the bars first.

I'm no expert but I've learned my fair share in the process. 

Happy riding

All good points.

I believe I have the method down at this point. At the stage I'm at now, mine are just baby versions of a whip. It's just a matter of stretching them out more, and more.

It's also a matter of having the balls to let the bike get sideways in the air, and having faith that it will come back on it's own, without stiffening up. That takes some de-programming, as I'm sure you already know, especially for an old dude. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fitz235 said:

All good points.

I believe I have the method down at this point. At the stage I'm at now, mine are just baby versions of a whip. It's just a matter of stretching them out more, and more.

It's also a matter of having the balls to let the bike get sideways in the air, and having faith that it will come back on it's own, without stiffening up. That takes some de-programming, as I'm sure you already know, especially for an old dude. 

Sounds like you got if figured out, kudos on you learning at 50 (no offense)

When you start stretching it out more your outside leg will come into play to bring it back in time, once you program yourself to pull the bars back in front of you and pull on the frame with your outside leg, it comes back so fast. Do you have any videos posted? I saw the go pro mount on your rear fender, cool angle.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jeremy Faucher said:

Sounds like you got if figured out, kudos on you learning at 50 (no offense)

When you start stretching it out more your outside leg will come into play to bring it back in time, once you program yourself to pull the bars back in front of you and pull on the frame with your outside leg, it comes back so fast. Do you have any videos posted? I saw the go pro mount on your rear fender, cool angle.

Thanks. I wouldn't say I've got it figured out, but I do believe I know what I need to do, just a matter of having the balls to commit a little more.

The best video I have is this one. 2nd jump in @ ~11 seconds, and then on a small step up @ ~1:08.

They don't look like much, but I believe the mechanics of the movement are there. I can feel the bike coming out, and then returning. I think I need to start pushing the bars down more, as well as starting to stretch them out.

Definitely whips in their larval stage. I'm hoping someday they bloom into a full grown butterfly.

I've been trying to follow all the steps in this video:

These guys seem to break it down pretty well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fitz235 said:

Thanks. I wouldn't say I've got it figured out, but I do believe I know what I need to do, just a matter of having the balls to commit a little more.

The best video I have is this one. 2nd jump in @ ~11 seconds, and then on a small step up @ ~1:08.

They don't look like much, but I believe the mechanics of the movement are there. I can feel the bike coming out, and then returning. I think I need to start pushing the bars down more, as well as starting to stretch them out.

Definitely whips in their larval stage. I'm hoping someday they bloom into a full grown butterfly.

I've been trying to follow all the steps in this video:

These guys seem to break it down pretty well.

Looking good out there dude! The MXF always has good videos.

• Like 1