Need Red Sticker/Green Sticker Advice

Hello, I am new to this forum and certainly new to purchasing bikes. I plan on being a 50/50 rider, half trails and half track. I live in Central Valley, Fresno. I plan to ride a track in Handford, dove springs, Miami trails, and other Sierra National Forrest locations. I am hoping to get some advice on what I should buy. I would really prefer to buy a green sticker, in the past I had a KTM xc-w 450 and loved it, seemed good for both styles of riding. Now that I'm on my own money with buying a bike I'm not interested in spending an extra 2k for KTM. I've been looking at the Kx 450 and CRF 450r. My question is whether or not these models are both red sticker, I've read different things on every page I go to. If both are red sticker, do you guys have any advice on what would be a good option for me? I'm 215, 6'1" and would say I am an intermediate rider. I'd like to stay below 5k. Thanks for any information!

The KX450F and CRF450R are both RED sticker unless they are 2002 or older. The WR450F is a great green sticker bike, but I think around 2017 or 2018 they went red sticker.

For California, it's best probably to get a dual sport so you can ride year round, and anywhere. There are trails that are for plated bikes only, or roads that connect trails.

Yeah, the new bikes are red sticker, as are most track focused bikes.  Anything plated (dual sport) is a good choice for year-round riding.  And, I think the CRF450X is green sticker still (hopefully).  You can mod any dual or green sticker bike to be more like the track versions.