Beta 200RR Factory Suspension Upgrade

Well, I pulled the trigger on upgrading the suspension on my 2019 200rr. As always, Beta made the process super simple and customer / company interaction was very intimate. I love working with smaller company’s for this main reason. It took about 2 weeks from ordering to receiving my new suspension.

I went for a short ride yesterday on some very rooty trails her in Ga. I have very high expectations, and I must say that they were met with this upgrade.

The front forks were like a sponge. She was a point and click animal.

The rear shock was a little harsh, however, I didn’t have time to set sag. I slowed the rebound a couple clicks in the rear which really helped. A little more tuning and she’ll be right as rain.

Final recommendation: Save your money and buy this upgrade.

IMG_4791.JPGIMG_4794.JPGIMG_4795.JPGIMG_4792.JPGIMG_4793.JPG

• Like 3
  • Helpful 1

10 hours ago, look-pro-go-slow said:

Well, I pulled the trigger on upgrading the suspension on my 2019 200rr. As always, Beta made the process super simple and customer / company interaction was very intimate. I love working with smaller company’s for this main reason. It took about 2 weeks from ordering to receiving my new suspension.

I went for a short ride yesterday on some very rooty trails her in Ga. I have very high expectations, and I must say that they were met with this upgrade.

The rear shock was a little harsh, however, I didn’t have time to set sag. I slowed the rebound a couple clicks in the rear which really helped. A little more tuning and she’ll be right as rain.

Man, those bikes sure are pretty.

• Like 2

On a similar side, I went to the dealer to order a new 2020 and he told me I needed to fill out a beta suspension forms because beta sets the suspension up to rider specs if you order one. 

Any idea what that means? Is it just a spring swap or do they screw with valve stacks to? 

If they go through a RE valve and spring when you order a bike, then is there really any point to do a full on upgrade to a factory suspension? 

3 hours ago, rharr said:

On a similar side, I went to the dealer to order a new 2020 and he told me I needed to fill out a beta suspension forms because beta sets the suspension up to rider specs if you order one. 

Any idea what that means? Is it just a spring swap or do they screw with valve stacks to? 

If they go through a RE valve and spring when you order a bike, then is there really any point to do a full on upgrade to a factory suspension? 

All questions that you should ask Beta factory suspension guys. This is all brand new territory. Please share once you get whatever info. You look like you are on point here. Did you ask your dealer?

From what you say getting a race edition in an order is different now. It has been that you just get a race edition with whatever suspension it has and then you may or may not put springs etc..later.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Does the preload spring adjuster part of the Beta multitool fit the 2019 shock ok? I can't get it to locate on the 2020 and I wasn't sure if the changes to the frame and subframe mean it won't fit now.

I'm not happy with hitting soft aluminium adjuster rings with hammers and screwdrivers, especially when using uprated shock springs.

Yes it fits perfectly and the curve allows easy movement either direction from the right hand side of the bike. Of course I didn't realize that until using a hammer and screw driver for my initial adjustments. Oh well, when I service the shock I will sand the offending areas smooth.

I have tried again but no chance, unfortunately. There are a number of things wrong:

1. The adjuster rings are higher up the shock body than the length of the reservoir so the swing of the tool is limited.

2. The "Y" joint  of the frame down tube and the subframe arm further restrict inserting the tool from in front of the frame tube as the tool tooth won't        locate in the ring with the curve of the tool up against the ring circumference.

3. The airbox boot completely blocks getting the tool behind the shock.

4. You have to remove the silencer to even get this far.

I have a smaller hinged "C" spanner and that will fit but will only move the ring about 1/2 the width of a single notch! Perfect storm!!

Can any other 2020 owner confirm this or am I going mad? 

I use a long flat 1"x 1/8" aluminum flat to do it, it's allot less cannibalistic than a steel punch or screw driver.

For some reason on the 2020 the rings don't spin as freely as previous years even well lubed, but the new springs are pre-loaded  as soon as it spooned on.    

On 10/6/2019 at 5:58 AM, look-pro-go-slow said:

Back off the shock high speed compression all the way, go riding, and if it bottoms or blows through the stroke too quickly, start clicking it in until it stops.

Now you can adjust the slow speed compression.

I kinda noticed that lower subframe bolt only fingered in.... Better check over all your fasteners you removed to change the suspension before your next thread is about "How bad Beta 200rr's fall apart". Sick scoot though!

Wow. Great catch. Thank you very much. I guess I was just so excited to get her on the dirt.