2 stroke vs 4 stroke

1 hour ago, somethingnuw said:

Love 2t but new 4 t come with FI...no more gummed up carbs...as a non carb fixer that’s enough to push me to a 4t

Fuel injected two stroke....  Bam!  They're freaking awesome.

IMG_20190920_115155049.jpg.b89e01e14a2a93bce84d1a5500de739b.jpg

• Like 3
  • Helpful 1

3 hours ago, Doc_d said:

Fuel injected two stroke....  Bam!  They're freaking awesome.

IMG_20190920_115155049.jpg.b89e01e14a2a93bce84d1a5500de739b.jpg

haha... I heard the rumours of them in 2018 and not running so well know I hear they got them dialed in... I thought about it...  but 14k out the door up here.... but ya if they are reliable … its the way to go forsure… now on my 2012 quad I can run whatever gas I want... no worries about ethanol ect… I try to keep it clean but who knows... would your TPI be that good n reliable?

Think the only 4 stroke I'll consider now is a dualsport for it's intended purpose. Like a drz400 or xr650 etc. 

Not going to lie though that beta 500 seems like it can replace all of my bikes Except the 2 stroke.

Edited by RideWithWill

14 hours ago, somethingnuw said:

haha... I heard the rumours of them in 2018 and not running so well know I hear they got them dialed in... I thought about it...  but 14k out the door up here.... but ya if they are reliable … its the way to go forsure… now on my 2012 quad I can run whatever gas I want... no worries about ethanol ect… I try to keep it clean but who knows... would your TPI be that good n reliable?

I paid $10,3xx out the door (including tax and registration for a license plate)  for my 2020 KTM 300 XC-W.  I've never had any issue running ethanol fuel in a motorcycle made in the last 5 years including this TPI bike.     I do have some older bikes that have materials that are incompatible with ethanol fuels that I have had issues with.  My 2016 KTM 350 XCF-W (fuel injected 4-stroke) has seen nothing but 10% ethanol fuel since new.  It sits in the the tank all winter from November until April (with stabil) every year.  It always starts right up and runs awesome.   KTM manuals state that 10% ethanol fuels are fine.

Doc

Edited by Doc_d
  • Helpful 1

46 minutes ago, Doc_d said:

I paid $10,3xx out the door (including tax and registration for a license plate)  for my 2020 KTM 300 XC-W.  I've never had any issue running ethanol fuel in a motorcycle made in the last 5 years including this TPI bike.     I do have some older bikes that have materials that are incompatible with ethanol fuels that I have had issues with.  My 2016 KTM 350 XCF-W (fuel injected 4-stroke) has seen nothing but 10% ethanol fuel since new.  It sits in the the tank all winter from November until April (with stabil) every year.  It always starts right up and runs awesome.   KTM manuals state that 10% ethanol fuels are fine.

Doc

Yes, I just watched a video on that yesterday how ethanol gas kills the older metals...wonder if it affects a 2015 beta? Not sure where you are but a 2020 KTM here costs a lot more OTD then 10 ....beautiful bike by the way

On 10/6/2019 at 7:24 PM, Drop-Bear said:

I'd get him a YZ125. 06+.

It'll make him a better rider. Don't rob him of what will be the best time on a bike he has in his entire life. It's a right of passage :D.

If you can get him an X, even better.

You seem to like 125 dirt bikes, interesting. 200 cc up, all bikes become "mans bike's" You seem like a light weight. Hell, after a year on a little 125, I was past ready to start riding a big boy's toy. LOL! If I rode a 125 today, I would probably grenade that little engine to shrapnel, and go find a 500 to put a grin back on my face. P.ssst, I'm messing with you.? Scuze sir, while I find a Beast to feel manly again. lol!?

6 hours ago, M E T A L A C I D said:

You seem to like 125 dirt bikes, interesting. 200 cc up, all bikes become "mans bike's" You seem like a light weight. Hell, after a year on a little 125, I was past ready to start riding a big boy's toy. LOL! If I rode a 125 today, I would probably grenade that little engine to shrapnel, and go find a 500 to put a grin back on my face. P.ssst, I'm messing with you.? Scuze sir, while I find a Beast to feel manly again. lol!?

There's a trio of brothers here that mostly ride CR 500 AF's. They mostly do Hill Climbing. All built their own AF's and all have multiple CR 500's. 
We pretty much only ride ST. I'm on a 125/144. But, I'm also the fastest and finish 1st 9 out of 10 times ?  EDIT: I'm also the oldest these days. Wasn't long ago I was among the youngest ?

I had an 86 model CR500, ported to the shit house. I called it "The brick thrower". I fully restored the bike. Spent a lot of money on it (It was ported before I got it).

I hate training. I'm not fit enough, or strong enough to ride anything more than a 200cc properly. I actually raced a 450 when I was racing. If I go at full race pace on the 125. I typically have about 30 seconds worth in me.

I built a matching 265cc bike to my 144cc. One of the 500cc brothers kept coming around with cash and eventually conned me into selling it to him. So, yeah, I did actually have a 265cc a 144cc and the 125cc 2T's not that long ago. But, I'm just gonna stick with the 2 small bores for off road now. If I can get my shit together, I'm going to race our state sprint series next yr. Started training and then got the man flu. So It's set me back a bit.

I've had heaps of bikes. Been riding for 44 yrs. Mostly off road/woods. I think maybe 3 or 4 of all my bikes have been enduro bikes, the rest have all been MX bikes. I prefer them in the woods.

Edited by Drop-Bear
  • Helpful 1

3 hours ago, Drop-Bear said:

There's a trio of brothers here that mostly ride CR 500 AF's. They mostly do Hill Climbing. All built their own AF's and all have multiple CR 500's. 
We pretty much only ride ST. I'm on a 125/144. But, I'm also the fastest and finish 1st 9 out of 10 times ?  EDIT: I'm also the oldest these days. Wasn't long ago I was among the youngest ?

I had an 86 model CR500, ported to the shit house. I called it "The brick thrower". I fully restored the bike. Spent a lot of money on it (It was ported before I got it).

I hate training. I'm not fit enough, or strong enough to ride anything more than a 200cc properly. I actually raced a 450 when I was racing. If I go at full race pace on the 125. I typically have about 30 seconds worth in me.

I built a matching 265cc bike to my 144cc. One of the 500cc brothers kept coming around with cash and eventually conned me into selling it to him. So, yeah, I did actually have a 265cc a 144cc and the 125cc 2T's not that long ago. But, I'm just gonna stick with the 2 small bores for off road now. If I can get my shit together, I'm going to race our state sprint series next yr. Started training and then got the man flu. So It's set me back a bit.

I've had heaps of bikes. Been riding for 44 yrs. Mostly off road/woods. I think maybe 3 or 4 of all my bikes have been enduro bikes, the rest have all been MX bikes. I prefer them in the woods.

Ah, senior citizen, well alright my brother from another mother. Still riding, I thought you were a youngin. I think most of us geezers on TT are old farts that are wheel chair bound. Now if y'all scuze me I have a hankering for some butterscotch pudding and some plain oat meal and prunes for regularity. cough, cough! Keep on ridin' you old mutha, I will too! cough!?image.png.2ebe02cac968ab3581415b5702804e36.pngimage.png.84a430c21378c83d55df052e57c26569.png

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, M E T A L A C I D said:

Its you and me back in the 90's.?Remember, back during the clone wars, during a more civilized time. Im Obi-wan-Kenobi. and you were my apprentice, Anikin, Skywalker. Nah, j/k, just some random photogs I dug up on bingity bing bang.?

Read my sig :D

I'm 49 in Feb. Same day as Abe Lincon's B/day 

Edited by Drop-Bear
  • Helpful 1

20 hours ago, Doc_d said:

Doc

Interesting and good to know about what their manual says...good selling point in today’s ethanol world...thank you

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/29/2019 at 9:53 AM, Ltlhondarida125 said:
On 11/10/2019 at 11:10 AM, Yammyhammer said:

I'm on a yzf, and even  the rds I never come close to holding it wide open, 1/4 throttle is plenty enough to cruise at 50-60 with plenty of power left to play with. I'm thinking the problem is that I ride it every single day, if it's to the mailbox or actually going riding I hop on my bike and I just wear them out.  I pulled the last trip up the rd off the speedometer app I use and they're all about the same minus the ones where I'm in the woods and still all that changes will be the amount of time distance top speed cause itll go down a lot and the average speed will be slower cause I just putt around in the woods. Idk, I just keep putting it back together lol. Btw, I apologize for the late reply but I haven't been in here in a bit. 
620074618_Screenshot_20191110-110310_SpeedometerGPS.thumb.jpg.d78b957c4e3079cac176feb3484e52ce.jpg

Read more  

What app are you using there?

Sorry about that, just got in here again and saw that question, hold on a second and I'll look. Here you go, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sarhammer.gsbspeedometer

That's the one I use, cause i dig the map and it has a shit ton of other features to play with to. And its pretty accurate, I got my wife tty o follow me in her truck for a few miles talking to her and calling out mph and other than that my speedometer app was kinda slow In catching up with the actual speed it's dead nuts on. Anywho, I think you'll like it if you haven't already found one.