SDet2

Notification issue and ad issue since the upgrade

Question

I'll start this by saying that my work has slow wifi, and that is the only time I can replicate the notification issue. 

Since the update, tt has been loading slower at work, it's understandable new features and such. The issue is, if I try to check my notifications before the page has completely loaded and sat for 30 seconds or so, it logs me out. The top bar is visible and I click on the red notification, and it sends me to the log in screen. Pretty annoying. 

The other issue is related to ads. 

From town Square, if I use the 3 bars on the upper right to bring down the drop down to select the "forums" option, it will select the ad behind it. I did this several times this morning and had to select "articles" so the spacing was different behind the drop down so I could navigate away. This was on my home wifi with fast load times. 

This is on the newest Android, using Chrome. 

5 answers to this question

Can you tell me what model phone you have, and what version of android you're using?

Do you use the built in chrome browser or some other browser?

We are aware of some issues with the new servers being slow at the moment. This is mainly just a tuning issue (think of it like setting up the suspension or dialing in the jetting on a new bike).  It will take us a couple weeks to get everything properly tuned on the new servers. 

However, the menu issue is not something that should be happening.  We've made no changes to the actual website/ads/etc.  This was only a server change. I've not seen this menu/ads issue previously on any test device.

If possible, can you capture a screen shot of a page you're on where this is happening?

It's an original Google pixel, built in Chrome browser, I took a screen shot of the issue yesterday, but I cannot replicate it today. 

Android 10 with October security update. 

Clicking on "forums" in the first image brought me to the second image. Which is the ad behind the menu. But I can't repeat it today, though I was able to do it many times yesterday. 

Screenshot_20191016-073552.png

Screenshot_20191016-073604.png

Okay, the ad issue is maybe 30% of the time. 

On 10/17/2019 at 4:56 AM, SDet2 said:

Okay, the ad issue is maybe 30% of the time. 

Hmm, that makes me think it’s specific ads not properly following the later on the page. 

I haven’t been able to replicate it, but that doesn’t mean much since ads are different all the time.  

Is it always amazon, or do other ads cause the same problem?

4 minutes ago, Brian Wilson said:

Hmm, that makes me think it’s specific ads not properly following the later on the page. 

I haven’t been able to replicate it, but that doesn’t mean much since ads are different all the time.  

Is it always amazon, or do other ads cause the same problem?

To date, dodge (ram trucks), Amazon, and Nissan.

Just figured someone would want to know.