ClayStuckey

Jotagas in the US

I have been following this thread for a while. A little disappointed there still aren't pictures or more details on the bike but I can only imagine the challenges of bringing something like this to life, especially during the pandemic. 

Sounds like the G2 name is settled. I personally like it more than the Jotagas name. For me and most riders I know the brand name is kind of a big deal. Especially now that there are a few different knock off brands, pitsterpro, SSR, GPX, its easy to assume anything new with a name you haven't heard is Chinese junk. 

I think a key to success regardless of the name will be a brand launch in the US emphasising the European manufacturing, quality components, and the specs. Price is important but again when price is the main selling point people think Chinese junk. If I were launching this brand I would be working with the youtube and social media players with a large influence / following in the dirt bike community to try to get some name recognition and get known for being a qood quality bike, not just a cheap usable alternative to a more expensive bike. 

I look forward to hopefully seeing these out on the trail one day. 

• Like 2

I didn`t mind the jotagas name , but even JTG would be a good fit in my mind .   

But having a number in the logo just sound Chinese too me. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, metal_miracle said:

I didn`t mind the jotagas name , but even JTG would be a good fit in my mind .   

But having a number in the logo just sound Chinese too me. 

Having a number in the name sounds too Chinese? Isn't it funny how we all have such different opinions of what brand names mean to us? I honestly didn't expect to hear so many different opinions on this. I think I've learned that when it comes to brand names you have to make a decision and run with it!   🤣 I talked to the G2 guys here in the US and their immediate reaction to letting me use the G2 name was negative but then they said they'd think about it.  If they don't agree I may just go with JTG here. 

1 hour ago, ClayStuckey said:

Having a number in the name sounds too Chinese? Isn't it funny how we all have such different opinions of what brand names mean to us? I honestly didn't expect to hear so many different opinions on this. I think I've learned that when it comes to brand names you have to make a decision and run with it!   🤣 I talked to the G2 guys here in the US and their immediate reaction to letting me use the G2 name was negative but then they said they'd think about it.  If they don't agree I may just go with JTG here. 

After owning the first model Beta 450RR in 05, and people calling it, "The Egg Beta". I'm pretty sure whatever you do call your bikes, can't be worse.

I used to also get "It looks like a Chinese bike"

Haters gonna hate :excuseme: . Beta is the most popular brand here now, by far :D

For now. I'm gonna call it "Need to add a 250 and 200".

Edited by Drop-Bear
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

What meaning does the name G2 have anyway if it have any?

Like tm is the name of sons of the founders , and husqvarna is town name releated i think.

Edited by metal_miracle

35 minutes ago, metal_miracle said:

Like tm is the name of sons of the founders , and husqvarna is town name releated i think.

I'm sure there is some meaning behind it but who knows what it is. I'll ask when I go over again. He has two daughters and I've met one of them but I can't remember what her name starts with. He also has two dogs. Their names Montana and Sueme so that's not it. 🤣  His daughter and her husband own S3 and I have a feeling that Piber has some ownership in that compnay too. 

• Like 1

Ask him if they have a launch date yet. Let him know, tormenting us isn't gonna end well :D

X-Mas is coming. Literally lol. Get on with it Piber!

Patience is a virtue. But, lets face it, It's not a common virtue. I just wanna see the pics 😔

THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICS :devil:

Edited by Drop-Bear
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1

1 hour ago, Drop-Bear said:

Ask him if they have a launch date yet. Let him know, tormenting us isn't gonna end well :D

X-Mas is coming. Literally lol. Get on with it Piber!

Patience is a virtue. But, lets face it, It's not a common virtue. I just wanna see the pics 😔

THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICS :devil:

I'm going to tell me to send me a bike without an airbox. I'll make one out of duct tape! 😉

3 minutes ago, ClayStuckey said:

I'm going to tell me to send me a bike without an airbox. I'll make one out of duct tape! 😉

Tell him we'll trust him the bike will come with an air box. But, we wanna see the pics, yesterday :D

Don't take me posts as criticism, take them as excitement 😉.

My point is. The wait is killing me.

Edited by Drop-Bear
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, metal_miracle said:

Gas^[squared] 

• Like 1

Just get him to lay a towel/riding gear , so  just enough to cover that it don`t have a airbox.

Or a nice lady posing in front. No one need to know that it dont have a airbox

Edited by metal_miracle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ClayStuckey said:

It's been done before. 😀 Good luck with your venture.

image.png.abd506183f20ae4675280d3cb34b9e69.png

Apollo 13

• Like 1

So Clay took the time and spent the money to set up his new website www.jotagasoffroad.com, plus biz cards, letterheads, etc., and now he will have to completely redo all of that to G2.  I sympathize in the unfortunate situation he is in and he has to replace all of that work for what reason? No one actually knew how to properly pronounce Jotagas ??  Joe ta gas...Yo ta gas....Ho ta gas.  Come on, all that needs to happen is to just agree on how to say it in US English and put it in writing on the website. .

Or is because Piber is getting threats from KTMGAS for including GAS in the brand name? That seems more likely.

So is it to be G2 as in G 'Squared or GToo like that to just piss off KTMGAS.  So why not PIBER motorcycles and move forward.

How about Unicorn? More and more I'm thinking that is the best fit.

Edited by Piney Woods

13 minutes ago, Piney Woods said:

How about Unicorn? More and more I'm thinking that is the best fit.

I dunno...too close to Eunuch Horn..............lol

4 minutes ago, Stephen Holmes said:

How about G-spot? TOL

Well now I’ll never find it!

• Haha 3

I talked to the G2 Ergonomics guys here in the US and they do not want me to use G2 here in the US. I understand that so no hard feelings. I think I will stick with the Jotagas name with JTG as the abbreviation since I've invested so much time in that name anyway. So no name change here in the US. 

• Like 6
  • Helpful 4