ClayStuckey

Jotagas in the US

So Clay, lets settle how we are to pronounce JOTAGAS once and for all ! Write it out phonetically, please.

1 minute ago, originaldirt said:

So Clay, lets settle how we are to pronounce JOTAGAS once and for all ! Write it out phonetically, please.

ha, this is a no win.  pronounce in english spanish or catalan?

So Clay, lets settle how we are to pronounce JOTAGAS in the USA once and for all ! Write it out phonetically, please.

Edited by originaldirt
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, originaldirt said:

So Clay, lets settle how we are to pronounce JOTAGAS in the USA once and for all ! Write it out phonetically, please.

So they pronounce it Yo-ta-gas. I will probably say it that way but abbreviate it JTG. I trademarked both of those. 

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

I got tired of waiting.

Oh yeah......
There will be a skid plate.
I don't know if that pipe will be stock or if it will be stamped.
I still don't have a delivery date.
As you can see the bike is now being branded G2. Here it will still be called a Jotagas.
My bike will look like this one but will say Jotagas or JTG and will not have that goofy X-Trem on it.

Enduro 1.JPG

Enduro 2.jpg

Edited by ClayStuckey
  • Like 7
  • Helpful 4

1 hour ago, Piney Woods said:

:applause:  Big plus is the Honda style rear brake pedal mounting. Easy to service and grease the pivot point. Hopefully the shift lever is the same as Honda also and not the stupid KTM method. Also, are they available with seats?

Ha, I was thinking the seat looks perfect!  

• Like 2

What a stunningly beautiful bike.  Clay and I have discussed that I strongly prefer a clear gas tank over the black, but that is not a show stopper.  Bolt on a full length AXP type skid plate, spoon on some non-FIM tires (with mousses) and go take on anything!

• Like 4

Is there only one source of airboxes world wide now? Are they really such a technically difficult product to produce? No, I still don't understand.

4 hours ago, ClayStuckey said:

I got tired of waiting.

Oh yeah......
There will be a skid plate.
I don't know if that pipe will be stock or if it will be stamped.
I still don't have a delivery date.
As you can see the bike is now being branded G2. Here it will still be called a Jotagas.
My bike will look like this one but will say Jotagas or JTG and will not have that goofy X-Trem on it.

Enduro 1.JPG

Enduro 2.jpg

Thanks Clay 👍

I like it. Looks great, and I'm sure the finished product will be even better.

I like the look of the seat as well.

• Like 3

I like it, no fancy wheels to scratch. I would go pretty hubs over wheels any day if that was an option.  I would prefer a clear tank but that is a nice looking bike. Any idea of seat height? Is there a distributor in Canada?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, epicride said:

I like it, no fancy wheels to scratch. I would go pretty hubs over wheels any day if that was an option.  I would prefer a clear tank but that is a nice looking bike. Any idea of seat height? Is there a distributor in Canada?

Yeah I told them I wanted a clear tank for here in the US. I think it was 36 inches. Pretty much in line with everyone else. I don't think there is a distributor in CA. I'm pretty sure that Rob Lange at Lange's Offroad in Ontario will sell them. When he gets his shop rebuilt. He recently had a fire. 

20 hours ago, tm_enduro said:

What a stunningly beautiful bike.  Clay and I have discussed that I strongly prefer a clear gas tank over the black, but that is not a show stopper.  Bolt on a full length AXP type skid plate, spoon on some non-FIM tires (with mousses) and go take on anything!

Yeah I want clear tanks for here in the US. And I asked him to spec Mitas non FIM tires for my bikes and it will come with a skid plate.

• Like 1

One thing to notice is the starter. Look how easy it is to get to. On the last brand I sold you had to remove all of the engine mount bolts and lift the engine up to clear the frame for starter removal. And it comes with a kicker at no extra charge. 

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

19 minutes ago, ClayStuckey said:

And I asked him to spec Mitas non FIM tires for my bikes and it will come with a skid plate.

Do you know which Mitas tires?
Mitas fronts are good, but they don't have non-FIM 140/80 enduro tire. 

1 minute ago, Balkan boy said:

Do you know which Mitas tires?
Mitas fronts are good, but they don't have non-FIM 140/80 enduro tire. 

No sir. I told him that I wanted a full knob tire and he said ok he thought he could get a Mitas full knob. I'm not picky. You can't get a tire here in the US to work for everyone. Too much variety in terrain and soild. Right now I'd take the bike with street tires if I could get it!

Clear tank, silver rims and full knobs are good news. The black tank sure looks good but the clear is much more practical, just makes things easier especially when filling up in a hurry.