ClayStuckey

Jotagas in the US

5 hours ago, originaldirt said:

BTW, who is building the JTG chassis ?

Jtg frame will be built by Technigas which is 20 mins drive from downtown Girona. However since Rieju is located on the other side of Spain in the North(not a small country for Europe) , leds me to believe that they may be using another frame manufacturer. 

Apparently things are just f'ed up in Spain. I didn't say anything because I wanted to make sure it was going to happen but they told me two weeks ago that they finally had a bike to airfreight to me. It's been boxed up for two weeks and just sitting at the factory waiting on the "forwarder" to pick it up and take it to the airport to ship it. I asked them to take the damn thing to the airport themselves. Barcelona is only 90 miles from Girona! 

• Like 1

Things can be frustrating... I’m sure there is some “ process “ that won’t allow that. Prob has to be a certain license or class of shipper to take things to the airport.  
Shipping can be so simple and so difficult...

2 hours ago, Piney Woods said:

Santa put a J-Gas under Clay's tree this morning?

with countries like UK not getting fresh fruit and veggies due to lock downs, I don't expect that motorcycles are a good bet that they will be shipped...

Spain has always been bad, just not England-bad, I think. 
Other bikes coming out of Spain as we speak, so it’s not exactly a “Spain problem.”  As has been mentioned previously, it’s a component problem or something. Not to speak for Clay or anything. Learning a lot about global manufacturing waiting on bikes. If India were to lock down again, would the Orange bike supply dry up! 😂 

• Like 2

On 12/26/2020 at 11:02 AM, ClayStuckey said:

Spain may as well be locked down. When there is a holiday no one works there! 

I have a friend in South Africa. Basically the whole month of December is a holiday. I'm real curious how it works out if no one is working. Obviously some people have to work.

One of my dealers told me a week ago that SWM has been shut down since December 11th and does not plan on reopening until early January 2021 due to Covid and supply problems with KYB and other vendors.

14 hours ago, ClayStuckey said:

First US production bike pics. Supposed to be shipped here first week of January.

Production bike.jpg

Production bike 2.jpg

Production bike 3.jpg

Production bike 4.jpg

a good way to start out 2021.....

• Like 3

9 hours ago, jamracing said:

Happy new year Clay! Did the JG essential workers get their vaccine? Any update on mass produced parts being, well, mass produced?

HNY to you too Jam and everyone else too! They're back to work but I don't know if they have all of the parts yet to produce complete bikes. The flow of info from Girona is sparse! 

On 1/6/2021 at 9:24 AM, ClayStuckey said:

HNY to you too Jam and everyone else too! They're back to work but I don't know if they have all of the parts yet to produce complete bikes. The flow of info from Girona is sparse! 

The Patience of Job...