The main point I got from this was don't let ethanol fuel sit for over a year in your carbs. Keep the gas moving!

• Like 1

My rule is double up on stablizer and never store more than six months. The only time I have had issues is when water got in tanks of small power equipment during pressure washing. I had to drain, and wipe up/dry the entire fuel systems to repair. My lawn mower and tiller.

Don't live any place where you can't ride for 12 months out of the year...

Seems like yet another stupid click bait youboob video...

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DentonC said:

The main point I got from this was don't let ethanol fuel sit for over a year in your carbs. Keep the gas moving!

Good excuse for the wife.

"But its our birthday!"

Sorry hun, i need to keep the gas moving

• Haha 1

I've posted this elsewhere, but worth another look.  I was working on an XR400 that sat for a couple years.  Pulled the plug in the bottom of the carb, here's what I got.

20190818_152026.jpg

• Like 3

I saw a show years ago on Oregon Outdoors about E fuel in marine aplications and degrading the inside of fuel lines if left in untreated over the winter.

IMO if you leave any gas in the tank/carb for an extended periods of time you should treat it with stabilizer.

This guy does pretty good videos.
  • Like 2

Long story short, I got laid up from a few surgeries for 8 months or so. By the time I got to give attention to the bike the carb float kept getting stuck open. I'd clean it and it would happen again. Pulled the fuel petcock/filter out of the tank to find this. Literally ate it in half. 

IMG_20181202_094809754.jpg

• Like 3

On 10/22/2019 at 8:36 AM, braindead0 said:

I'm in CANADA I ride Dirt , Street bikes and ATV from april to december then Snowmobile in the winter best of both worlds, we store sleds in summer and bikes in winter ! Check out my videos " CAPTLIEPS " on YOUTUBE !

Dear VP, Sunoco, etc.:

Please produce an ethanol-free, relatively high octane (95+), chemically stable, off-highway fuel similar to VP 110, Sunoco Standard, etc., but more affordable.

• Helpful 1

22 minutes ago, 2strokeYardSale said:

Dear VP, Sunoco, etc.:

Please produce an ethanol-free, relatively high octane (95+), chemically stable, off-highway fuel similar to VP 110, Sunoco Standard, etc., but more affordable.

^^ Wouldn't that be nice! :applause:

Our local gas bar high test 91 octane says ethanol free on pump, good enough for me . Or we go across river to the USA and go to HOLIDAY gas station and pick up ethanol free 91 which cost way less than Canadian gas . I store by putting stabilizer in gas tank then run motor,siphon out as much gas as I can and drain carburetors. Also notice that mixed gas (2 stroke) holds up better.

Edited by CAPT ED
  • Like 2

Ha, and I go all the way over the other side of town specifically just to get E85😆

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, uniflow said:

Ha, and I go all the way over the other side of town specifically just to get E85😆

I haven't seen E85 around here in at least 13 years.... Not gonna happen. Not worth it, if you're doing distance.

Get a 685 and tell us all about it....

• Haha 1

A 685? I'm assuming a large gready engine of some sort. 

Maico?

Edited by uniflow

12 hours ago, CAPT ED said:

Our local gas bar high test 91 octane says ethanol free on pump, good enough for me . Or we go across river to the USA and go to HOLIDAY gas station and pick up ethanol free 91 which cost way less than Canadian gas . I store by putting stabilizer in gas tank then run motor,siphon out as much gas as I can and drain carburetors. Also notice that mixed gas (2 stroke) holds up better.

Carburetors? What are they?

8 hours ago, uniflow said:

Carburetors? What are they?

They are fuel toilets

• Haha 3

On 10/23/2019 at 8:58 AM, 2strokeYardSale said:

Dear VP, Sunoco, etc.:

VP110.jpg