so, buying a dirt bike is an investment,,, per this review,,, CHECK.  SO in terms of group think and CNN, spending more than you make is sound fiscal policy, CHECK!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, KableXL said:

so, buying a dirt bike is an investment,,, per this review,,, CHECK.  SO in terms of group think and CNN, spending more than you make is sound fiscal policy, CHECK!

Kinda like the government...

https://www.usdebtclock.org/

• Like 3

I feel like this has been talked about numerous times. MXA obviously gives KTM bonus points for things like best brakes, estart, hydro clutch, easy access airbox etc. And also doing this while maintaining a big weight advantage (that realistically should not be ignored). If anything, I'd say they actually do say controversial things, where other shootouts dance around those issues. Not saying I always agree or place the same level of importance on the exact same things as MXA, but I respect where they are coming from. Thinking they are in KTM's pocket is silly.

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

1 minute ago, ah665 said:

I feel like this has been talked about numerous times. MXA obviously gives KTM bonus points for things like best brakes, estart, hydro clutch, easy access airbox etc. And also doing this while maintaining a big weight advantage (that realistically should not be ignored). If anything, I'd say they actually do say controversial things, where other shootouts dance around those issues. Not saying I always agree or place the same level of importance on the exact same things as MXA, but I respect where they are coming from. Thinking they are in KTM's pocket is silly.

One of the things I've always enjoyed about KTM's was how easy they were to live with,  lots of things were so easy to work on/do like it was built with the end user in mind more so than making it easier for the factory to build it.  That's worthwhile imo  and they should get credit.  

Just like they gave credit to Yamaha for how durable it is.  

I think they do a good job explaining the difference and that allows others to pick what's most important them and base their purchasing decision on that.  

And they don't bitch out on picking a winner.    

• Like 4
  • Helpful 1

8 minutes ago, ah665 said:

It's all GAY 🤣

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, ah665 said:

All the 450s have estart now... Except zuke. Less weight is always nice. Hydro clutch... Meh. I have used cable that feel better than my huskys clutch and feel lighter. The easy access airbox is nice but it makes me wonder how long does it take for those snap holes to open up and become loose? Bolts and and threaded holes have to last longer. That panel is the most removed item on the entire bike as air filter changes are the most common maintenance. Was thinking early today while checking my folter... How long will these last?

Edited by Zinergy

1 minute ago, Zinergy said:

All the 450s have estart now... Except zuke. Less weight is always nice. Hydro clutch... Meh. I have used cable that feel better than my huskys clutch and feel lighter. The easy access airbox is nice but it makes me wonder how long does it take for those snap holes to open up and become loose? Bolts and and threaded holes have to last longer.

Point is, KTM/Husky gives the buyer  all of those thing w/o a penslty of added weight. Not 1 other bike can claim that.

Some of those things are obviously subject to opinion, based on the buyer's preferences.  I'm just saying, if you read MXA, you can tell that they place high value on everything I mentioned above.

Fwiw, i didnt think ktm/husky clutch was a big deal but after owning it, its great. I actually find my new YZs clutch to be annoying and prefer everything about the hydro unit. The airbox has given me no issues and makes life easy. I could argue that some brands bolts/threaded holes do not last longer, as multiple Suzukis that I have owned have roundrd off, needing replaced. Also the threaded tab on my old 125s subframe for the seat threads broke completely off, somehow. So i would disagree with you on that.

50 minutes ago, ah665 said:

1.Point is, KTM/Husky gives the buyer  all of those thing with the benefit of lower weight. Not 1 other bike can claim that.

2. Fwiw, i didnt think ktm/husky clutch was a big deal but after owning it, its great.

3. The airbox has given me no issues and makes life easy. I could argue that some brands bolts/threaded holes do not last longer, as multiple Suzukis that I have owned have roundrd off, needing replaced. Also the threaded tab on my old 125s subframe for the seat threads broke completely off, somehow. So i would disagree with you on that.

1. See bolded.... That's &%$#@!in kick ass right there. 

2. The clutch, these guys saying they prefer a cable clutch probably tried some adapted hydro clutch, the KTM hydro clutch has been magic for more than 2 decades, the bellville spring clutch is better than works grade clutches from other manufacturers. 

3. High quality well done parts (KTM) is better and lasts longer than the cheap (jap) scrap material some are using and it's cheaper to replace when it wears out! On my bike you replace part of it when you buy new side panels the other part is what a rubber grommet? 

1 minute ago, KTMRider4Life said:

1. See bolded.... That's &%$#@!in kick ass right there. 

2. The clutch, these guys saying they prefer a cable clutch probably tried some adapted hydro clutch, the KTM hydro clutch has been magic for more than 2 decades, the bellville spring clutch is better than works grade clutches from other manufacturers. 

3. High quality well done parts (KTM) is better and lasts longer than the cheap (jap) scrap material some are using and it's cheaper to replace when it wears out! On my bike you replace part of it when you buy new side panels the other part is what a rubber grommet? 

Agree on all. And anyone saying the airbox is potentially less reliable is really reaching. Great design. And besides, Yamaha and Kawi have tried to follow KTMs lead on that also, by going to easy-access airbox. Funny how KTM uses something and the anti-orange like to talk it down. But then their japanese brand adopts the idea and it is suddenly amazing. 

• Like 2
  • Helpful 2

34 minutes ago, ah665 said:

Agree on all. And anyone saying the airbox is potentially less reliable is really reaching. Great design. And besides, Yamaha and Kawi have tried to follow KTMs lead on that also, by going to easy-access airbox. Funny how KTM uses something and the anti-orange like to talk it down. But then their japanese brand adopts the idea and it is suddenly amazing. 

Funniest one of all was electric start.... I'm a man, I don't need no lectric start....     Yeah, yeah, your dad said the same thing about putting on the right side vs. the left too....  Some things just make sense. 

• Helpful 1

The TRUTH    - man,  I think the only thing that can save JGR is them signing, KROC, ET3, AC9 or JA21  and that WONT happen :(.    They need a rider with a FOLLOWING...  and a spart to get things GOING.... I hope JGR keeps it together.... THE TRUTH.

Edited by KableXL
  • Like 2

Mxa have had Yamaha win many times ,no one accused them of bias then ?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mog said:

Mxa have had Yamaha win many times ,no one accused them of bias then ?

they've always been accused of bias and taking bribes......doesn't matter which brand they select they still get accused.  Frankly their test is the only one I put any faith in at all but I only used it for general information not for bike choice...

• Like 3

Damn, seems like a bunch of Hillary supporters in here crying because their brand didn't get the win. Go find your safe spaces until you can handle reality. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3