kwekuPaul

problem with website

Question

anybody else experiencing this. when i go to a new page in a thread it just sits there with a loading message at bottom of page until i refresh page then loads fine. only does it for this website

it actually loads the page but the loading message at bottom doesnt go away, just freezes there.. 

Screenshot (180).png

14 answers to this question

Yes, same experience.

I have had to refresh pages a lot recently, and after I post in a thread have to reload after posting.

On 10/24/2019 at 1:12 AM, kwekuPaul said:

anybody else experiencing this. when i go to a new page in a thread it just sits there with a loading message at bottom of page until i refresh page then loads fine. only does it for this website

it actually loads the page but the loading message at bottom doesnt go away, just freezes there.. 

Screenshot (180).png

Yes, every page, every time.

This problem has been happening to me for the last 30 minutes or so this morning.

Are you using any privacy tools in your web browser that blocks cookies or JavaScript?

Examples: Firefox with privacy mode enabled, uBlock origin, ad block, etc?

The issue described typically happens when the JavaScript our site cookies aren’t loading properly

im using uBlock Origin. but i use it on other sites with no issues

including similar type forums

will see what happens when i disable it

Edited by kwekuPaul

Just now, kwekuPaul said:

im using uBlock Origin. but i use it on other sites with no issues

including similar type forums

will see what happens when i disable it

We don't support content blockers in our code design. If you run them and they work with the site, cool.  But if things break when using them, there's nothing we can do about it from our end since it's they alter the behavior of the web browser in ways we can't account for. 

• Helpful 1

When I use the links in the emails TT sends out, I'm never logged in.  If I use a browser shortcut I am.

On 11/1/2019 at 8:59 AM, highmarker said:

android, happens in both reply notifications and new content summary mails

By any chance do you have more than one browser installed on your phone?  I know on my iPhone I’ll be logged in safari, but I click a link inside an email it opens a browser directly in the email app and I have to log in to that and select “remember me” as If it was a separate browser. 

Dumpster Fire!  🔥🔥😎🔥🔥

Sounds like the iOS 13 issue everyone is complaining about...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2019/10/31/apple-ios-13-2-problems-multitasking-failure-iphone-11-pro-max-update-iphone-xs-max-xr-upgrade/#2a9ef0e89837

Apple iOS 13.2 may bring super-smart new features, but it’s also a dumpster fire.

“I'm used to the camera purging all open apps from memory on my iPhone X, but iOS 13.2 goes above and beyond in killing background tasks. Earlier today, I was switching between a thread in Messages and a recipe in Safari and each app entirely refreshed every time I foregrounded it. This happens all the time throughout the system in iOS 13: Safari can't keep even a single tab open in the background, every app boots from scratch, and using iOS feels like it has regressed to the pre-multitasking days.” - blogged iOS developer Nick Heer

“Every single app on my iPhone 7 iOS 13.2 gets killed every time I close. No backgrounding. And each tab on Safari when I move to a new one. So frustrating” - source

“For me Safari just stops rendering. Usually just killing it and reopen works. But more and more I have to reboot the phone. Ohh and it is the “cheap” 11pro 512 so what can I expect, right?” - source

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2019/10/29/apple-ios-132-release-should-you-upgrade-iphone-update/#5ae258cd3318

🔥🔥😎🔥🔥