MooningDuck

Solved my Forearm pump

I’ll keep this one short and sweet. I started using a supplement called creatine and it made my forearm pump exponentially worse. It is great for increasing workout intensity and duration, and works great for everyone except motocross riders. Unfortunately it stays in your system for roughly 1 week so you can’t even use it during the training week.

How I prevent arm pump: Don’t take creatine, and also I would highly recommend looking into a 4arm Strong. It’s a device to stretch out your forearms. I don’t know the science and anatomy behind it, I just know that it works and is the best 100$ I have ever spent. It is well worth at least researching.

Why does creatine make arm pump worse?

I am by no means a doctor, physical therapist, or an anatomy expert, but I have done research and spoke to mx trainers. To my knowledge creatine basically causes muscle pump, meaning it “sends” blood to muscles. Forearm pump is a blood containment issue, so the extra blood swells the forearm muscle even more, which is what causes forearm pump.

On 11/9/2019 at 1:10 PM, MooningDuck said:

I am by no means a doctor, physical therapist, or an anatomy expert, but I have done research and spoke to mx trainers. To my knowledge creatine basically causes muscle pump, meaning it “sends” blood to muscles. Forearm pump is a blood containment issue, so the extra blood swells the forearm muscle even more, which is what causes forearm pump.

Yep, it gets stuck in your forearms and leaves you with the worst case of arm pump ever. Once drank a energy drink with it before a demo day, struggled with arm pump the entire time.