Kx100 frame?

Well, ive been thinking recently. The frame for the drz is definetly a weak point. Alot of people will weld in supports and gusset their frames to help it out but why dont we try to mount the drz's engine into a kx100 chassis. Obviously there would be alot of custom mounting work for the engine, exhaust, etc but so is there when you upgrade your drz with kx100 parts. I havent bought my kx100 donor yet so if anyone has any thoughts on this idea let me know

19 hours ago, mjg15 said:

DRz engine is very big compared to a KX.  I put one in a KTM 250F frame, and it was bigger than the 250 motor

Thank you, didnt really even think of that. So would you suggest i stick with my original idea of reinforcing the drz frame?

On 11/5/2019 at 7:05 AM, Josey H11D said:

Well, ive been thinking recently. The frame for the drz is definetly a weak point. Alot of people will weld in supports and gusset their frames to help it out but why dont we try to mount the drz's engine into a kx100 chassis. Obviously there would be alot of custom mounting work for the engine, exhaust, etc but so is there when you upgrade your drz with kx100 parts. I havent bought my kx100 donor yet so if anyone has any thoughts on this idea let me know

Bin the drz125 and get/ride the kx100. 

15 hours ago, Josey H11D said:

Thank you, didnt really even think of that. So would you suggest i stick with my original idea of reinforcing the drz frame?

Do a search on this forum, there a posts on doing a cradle and reinforcing other spots

1 hour ago, mjg15 said:

Do a search on this forum, there a posts on doing a cradle and reinforcing other spots

I already have all the images/info i need from doing so. Since you cant find the bbr frame cradle anymore i plan on making my own. Along with a custom electronics box since i will be SM mine

59 minutes ago, Toadmeister00 said:

I remember your posts a few months back about your motor build, did you ever get it together?

Are you planning on racing yours?

I have not gotten it together, im young with big dreams so this is a long project for me. I dont plan on racing it much. Its honestly just a play bike. Love the bike/have alot of history w it

On 11/8/2019 at 8:57 AM, Josey H11D said:

I already have all the images/info i need from doing so. Since you cant find the bbr frame cradle anymore i plan on making my own. Along with a custom electronics box since i will be SM mine

BBR cradle really doesnt do that much.  I have two, and both are stretched and bent.  Strength relies on the rear, lower mount bolt, which is too long and skinny,  and always bends.  Build a good cradle, and you'll be better off