Spud786

CR high bend on the ktm

Just went with this bend on my 17 501. Quite a difference from the flattish stock bend.  Trimmed to 30”, cycra handguards mount much cleaner. Just one ride so far, hoping they help me with standing more. 

DB5169DC-FF90-48DD-A3E8-B3E661531875.jpeg

Being your in Maryland, gonna be quite a while before testing?

Standing

Handling

is the rear sweep too far back

Interested to know

Ive ran them on a Honda, and they did benefit me in certain areas.

But right now,  the choice seems  ktm high, windam bend , or cr high   and I noticed sometimes when Im riding that my hands try to twist the rear sweep back, so thinking I might like a little more rear sweep on the KTM.

I have a couple of riding trips coming up in the next few weeks, will follow up. So far I'm liking them. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 556er said:

Just went with this bend on my 17 501. Quite a difference from the flattish stock bend.  Trimmed to 30”, cycra handguards mount much cleaner. Just one ride so far, hoping they help me with standing more. 

Which Cycra hand guards and mounts are those? They fit much nicer than my CRM mounts. The bar bend looks useful for some more clearance from the headlight mask as well.

Those are just the standard cycra bar mounts from RM. The bars and guards have been shortened for the woods, so they clear the headlight mask a bit more.

0932F790-72DC-4EE9-8886-372088B1A0B2.jpeg

• Like 1

I just ordered the Pro Taper Evo Windham bars for mine, basically same as CR High but little less sweep.  Should have them in a couple days then I'll report back.  

• Like 2

I just ordered the Pro Taper Evo Windham bars for mine, basically same as CR High but little less sweep.  Should have them in a couple days then I'll report back.  

2 rides ago I moved the bars alittle more forward just a little and definitely better for standing up iam using the renthal twin wall 999 bend

I've run vintage MX bars and love them, just hard to find anymore. I think they at one time were called Desert Bars. Almost the bend of ATV bars.

19 hours ago, HansLanda said:

Which Cycra hand guards and mounts are those? They fit much nicer than my CRM mounts. The bar bend looks useful for some more clearance from the headlight mask as well.

The mounts are the Cycra KTM U mounts to Cycra Pro Bend hand guards. I use them on all of my bikes. 

Appreciate the input from everyone, also looking forward to the awaited results.

One thing not mentioned, is what triple clamp setting are you using?

Stock for me was number 2, okay for sitting, but standing it was totally useless, so I went to position 3, and much better, but had to angle the bars too far forward , so ended up in postion 4 , and bounced back a few times to position 3, years back. But in the end position 4 was the only setting really usable for standing, and also allowed me not to have the bars tilted too far forward.   But still not happy with standing and why looking taller, and Im well under 6ft.

Right now Im debating windam or cr Hi  and thinking the protaper brand in the EVO

Appreciate the input from everyone, also looking forward to the awaited results.
One thing not mentioned, is what triple clamp setting are you using?
Stock for me was number 2, okay for sitting, but standing it was totally useless, so I went to position 3, and much better, but had to angle the bars too far forward , so ended up in postion 4 , and bounced back a few times to position 3, years back. But in the end position 4 was the only setting really usable for standing, and also allowed me not to have the bars tilted too far forward.   But still not happy with standing and why looking taller, and Im well under 6ft.
Right now Im debating windam or cr Hi  and thinking the protaper brand in the EVO

Have to use the stock position to accommodate the Brp vibration damper and the Brp bar clamp mountsthere was a few things that needed to fall into place so I could maintain the stock bar height and be able to raise the fork in the triple clamp see the picture notice that the forks are AER air forks from Fc450 so I looked at all the handle bar specs and then had to take into account of control length( before it before the bend down to the bar clamp some how got everything to fit Rocky mtn atv had spec’s for probably every bar available and I put BRP bar mounts ️them and add lights and even two more ram mounts and see the speedometer excellent and the Scott steering damper is in a better position probably a $1000 for everything but happy there’s a lot of vibration coming up through the bar’s in stock form . If you are going to use the Scott damper the arm length limits you to the stock holes#2 I suggest you look at the specs for your bars now and try to find by comparing the sweep measurements for ideas of where to go with out buying several bars to get the fit for you .it took me 3 rides and 500 miles to be totally comfortable with just moving the bars alittle bit forward My arms (elbows ) are high and upper body’s above the number plate and it easier to get from sitting to standing in attack stance well worth the effort to get it right rides and would like to hear how it turns out
  • Like 1