OIL LEAK

The oil leak is from when it was stolen , it looks like the chain had come off at some point  and it has slightly hit the engine casing . measured the oil that came out and it look like it has lost 20ml from a full days riding (approx 7 hours ). hoping a new casing is not needed .

20190902_151747.thumb.jpg.a5fa55263f828dfd904e8865dce84b3b.jpg

Edited by endo987

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2019 at 1:17 AM, endo987 said:

The oil leak is from when it was stolen , it looks like the chain had come off at some point  and it has slightly hit the engine casing . measured the oil that came out and it look like it has lost 20ml from a full days riding (approx 7 hours ). hoping a new casing is not needed .

20190902_151747.thumb.jpg.a5fa55263f828dfd904e8865dce84b3b.jpg

As posted and

Looks like some damage on the lower clutch pin (?) case but I don't see a leak.

Otherwise the outer seal for the shifter can come out and cause a leak but its easy to push back in so check it.

I got mine stolen 250R but got it back about 2 months later but its was only like ridden once and they caught the f^&ker riding it and glad you got your bike back

• Like 1

The f**kers had mine for a about 2 months too , but it had been ridden hard ,the only reason why mine was found was that they had run the bike out of fuel had were pushing it home, and the police just came around the corner at the right time.   The oil leak is coming from the clutch release arm where it has been hit by the chain coming off ,some time when it was stolen, there was a chain saver on it when i had it , but not when it came back.