BOAB

It's that time again, free BLM calendars are available

Free ?? Someone has to create then print and distribute them, I doubt it is an all volunteer effort. 'Gifting' is a more appropriate term.

Pirelli Tire, they have calendars that fetch thousands at auction and are very hard to get. They are 'free' too.

My electric co-op sends a magazine out every month 'for free', I am sure my annual rebate would be higher if I did not get the 'free' magazine.

Sorry for the rant but....

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, highmarker said:

nice, but not free. The cost is giving up your personal identification

I'm already on their mailing list, I want mailings from BLM. Keeps me in the know.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, BOAB said:

I'm already on their mailing list, I want mailings from BLM. Keeps me in the know.

For you, Cali, Nevada peeps, the calendars are part of the cost of your permits. People like me would be scamming the system. Though I bet my wife would like one...

You guys crack me up, its a fricking calendar. Stop over thinking it. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

my boss (who is retiring in another year) still uses paper calendars and planners. The rest of the company uses electronic shared calendars like outlook. I send him outlook appointment invites as often as I can since I know he deletes them without even looking at them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kdxyardsale said:

Nice use of my tax dollars morons........

Lol, its obviously been in the budget for years. I've been getting them for probably around 15 years. It's pr, and the cost is most likely a drop in the bucket.

They've also given away some really nice posters in the past.

Edited by BOAB
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BOAB said:

Lol, its obviously been in the budget for years. I've been getting them for probably around 15 years. It's pr, and the cost is most likely a drop in the bucket.

United States government printing office is way cheaper than kinkos.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, BOAB said:

Yeah I get it, just some form of advertising to get people out, I mean the Air Force sponsored a Nascar team for a while. I work for a state and holy crap you should see the waste. I guess I should be happy they are using the money to print calendars instead of on a chain to lock the gate where I ride. :ride:

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

I should sign up, would be better than what I've got for next year (for wall pics, not much else).

Its a Nature Conservancy calendar. They keep sending me renewals notices too. Thing is, I have NEVER been a member of their organization!

I'd contact em and tell em to quit, but I figure, why not let em keep wasting their $$ via sending me crap? Better than them using it to fight us for trail closures.

What I miss are the tool truck girlie calendars. My son doesnt get them any more.

EDIT - ordered one. Why not? If ya comment on public land use issues, they know who ya are anyway.  Thanks BOAB!

Edited by dmac1
  • Helpful 1