Bryan Bosch

Which should I install???

Hmmmm 🤔 Bottom ones 👍🏽👍🏽 id take wider over longer unless you got a super wide foot or something 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

10 minutes ago, Motox367 said:

Hmmmm 🤔 Bottom ones 👍🏽👍🏽 id take wider over longer unless you got a super wide foot or something 

Both have the same depth (front to back) and both are wider than stock, but one IMS is wider than the other. Just regular Joe sized 10 boot. Not sure I can go wrong here, but wanted some opinions.

• Like 1

Pegs that stick out less, you run less of a chance on dabbing a leg and the peg hitting. Wider pegs enable you to sit with your feet less clamped to the bike.

I no longer race and so comfort is more important. I also only tend to dab when cornering and so my leg is already outstretched. So for me, the lager peg is more comfortable. My WR came with 'big pegs', they permit my feet to be in different spots. I have little size 8 feet.

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

1 hour ago, Bryan Bosch said:

2019 KTM 350 XC-F riding SE US trails and the occasional MX track.

The top is the IMS Rally and the bottom is the IMS Core Enduro.

For reference, the Core Enduro is slightly wider and deeper than the stock footpeg.

20191108_101543.jpg

I say try them both out and report back with your findings.   ;)

I'd go with the rally personally but I have size 12EEE feet and am to thrashed to ride crazy trails anymore.   :cripple:

• Helpful 1

4 minutes ago, k.g said:

Speaking as a man, I'm naturally compelled to choose the longer option!

Well said Mister Fister.   ;)

• Like 1

I don’t miss my pegs from being too short, but I have hit them on rocks from being too long.

I have a pair of Fastway pegs on my DS bike and they are very comfortable, mostly as you can adjust cant and they are very wide.

I like them, but anymore, to me, a peg is a peg and I likely won’t be spending my Benjamins on pegs again anytime soon. 

These are the fastways I have, but apparently they make other options.

263C89DB-6302-4D1A-894D-EFE9B05793A6.png

I’m in the market to replace my OEM stuff on my ‘18 TE250i presently, and the IMS Core Enduro’s look nice! I live where there’s lots of rocks so aluminum pegs are a no-go for me.

I got a set of Fastway Evo III on my Beta and there very good, but the square-ish ends kinda gets in the way of lots of shifting I think Fastway makes a Evo -4 which has a more of a rounded forward outside corner. Helping not moving the boot far to shift.

But these Core-Enduro IMS pegs have a nice outside radius to the end of the peg.

Even though the Husqvarna newer pegs are pretty good I want to try a wider foot peg on it for standing stability

• Like 1

I'v e used KTM ADV Rally Pegs for a few years now - on a CRE500. Just requires machining / filing 1mm off the width of the pegs pivot point.

Std KTM pegs on said bike are lower. The Rally Pegs lower again, and, of course, longer.

Both features are of use for me as my legs barely bend to 90 degrees, And both legs have significant Valgus = joints so worn my legs are splayed outwards. So, 'normal' pegs: my boots are only on the very end of the pegs. It got to the point that my feet would come off the pegs, or, I couldn't 'find' them.

Longer Rally pegs = I can get, and keep my feet on the pegs.

Yes, they hit things more, with a fair bit of extra 'clacking' etc, And, conceivably, you could hit them in a way that they couldn't fold up and damage them / the frame easier, with the extra leverage from the extra length. But I've yet to do it over many thousands of Ks, and hours of riding, in pretty tight terrain, where pegs of any type hit things, constantly. . 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mark-us-B said:

I’m in the market to replace my OEM stuff on my ‘18 TE250i presently, and the IMS Core Enduro’s look nice! I live where there’s lots of rocks so aluminum pegs are a no-go for me.

I got a set of Fastway Evo III on my Beta and there very good, but the square-ish ends kinda gets in the way of lots of shifting I think Fastway makes a Evo -4 which has a more of a rounded forward outside corner. Helping not moving the boot far to shift.

But these Core-Enduro IMS pegs have a nice outside radius to the end of the peg.

Even though the Husqvarna newer pegs are pretty good I want to try a wider foot peg on it for standing stability

I also like that IMS makes them in the USA and they have a lifetime warranty. I've never broken a peg, but I suspect that IMS is willing to stick its neck out on the warranty because you really have to earn breaking them. They are made from heat treated cast 17-4 stainless steel.

• Like 1

I also like that IMS makes them in the USA and they have a lifetime warranty. I've never broken a peg, but I suspect that IMS is willing to stick its neck out on the warranty because you really have to earn breaking them. They are made from heat treated cast 17-4 stainless steel.

Yeah, these look to be built really nice, just kinda having a slightly hard time forking out $152.00 and change. Possibly next week for me....
  • Like 2

I just listened to a ADV Rider podcast yesterday with the CEO of IMS. He said the longer Rally ones will provide more control over your bike with the increased leverage you can use by placing your boots farther out if needed. They’re meant to take a beating but it depends if you’re running into that skinny of ruts that you think they’d impair your riding. 
The wider (bottom one) might feel better standing up for long periods of time though. 

• Helpful 2