jetfuel

New high pipe design

Interesting. I look forward to this thread taking off.  The pipe on the new KTM's is better than prior (the one in your post), but still not as tucked up as the Beta's. These pipes of yours should get some good interest. 

38 minutes ago, Goatse said:

Interesting. I look forward to this thread taking off.  The pipe on the new KTM's is better than prior (the one in your post), but still not as tucked up as the Beta's. These pipes of yours should get some good interest. 

Not my pipes , just saw it and thought it would be of interest and posted it up. I look forward to seeing if they are a good option in future. 

Edited by jetfuel

Yes, because currently in our 125 mx racing they are a rather expensive consumable part!

21 minutes ago, shrubitup said:

yes it sits high like that and then tucks in closer to the motor. comparison made between my 05 KTM and 15 Beta 300s.

Well I guess Ktm can use that design once they buy Beta .

and then be known as KGB ! :smirk: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, shrubitup said:

yes it sits high like that and then tucks in closer to the motor. comparison made between my 05 KTM and 15 Beta 300s.

I'll take a pic later, but it's still even hugley different on the new KTM design. When I put my Beta on a stand, the expansion chamber is a good 1-2" above the stand. When I put my 2020 KTM on the stand, the expansion chamber literally rests on the stand if the bike isn't far enough back. 

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

I'll take a pic later, but it's still even hugley different on the new KTM design. When I put my Beta on a stand, the expansion chamber is a good 1-2" above the stand. When I put my 2020 KTM on the stand, the expansion chamber literally rests on the stand if the bike isn't far enough back. 
I forgot I did take some pics...

2016 Beta 300RR vs 2020 KTM 300XC
received_924565777901820.jpeg
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 4

To be fair though. I also did just notice the difference in the cylinder angle of the KTM vs Beta. The Beta is near vertical and the KTM is angle quite a bit. This would make it harder to tuck the pipe up without some super tight elbows.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, 2strokenut said:

So that's why I beat mine to shit 

20191029_174519.jpg

Jesus Christ.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Goatse said:

To be fair though. I also did just notice the difference in the cylinder angle of the KTM vs Beta. The Beta is near vertical and the KTM is angle quite a bit. This would make it harder to tuck the pipe up without some super tight elbows.

The pipes aren’t interchangeable (unlike many other parts). I’ve tried. :D 

yes the angle is different 

1 hour ago, 2strokenut said:

This trail did it in 

20191102_124518.jpg

That looks like one of the trails at Fort Huachuca. I just about had a heart attack halfway through it.

We certainly have some interesting trails in the State. :banana:  

• Like 2