2009 Rmz250 dies

Hey guys got rid of my kawi and took to long of a break from riding but just bought a new to me bike. I picked up a 2009 Rmz250 for $1300 i think i got a ok deal. Adjustments.jpgIt needs serious tlc but that’s the stuff i love so.. Anyway the bike has good compression and starts good but only runs for a minute then just dies. Runs non stop never misses a beat with the choke on. Back fires a very little when you give it gas with choke on (i’m guessing because of the excess fuel?) but as soon as you take the choke of and give it any throttle falls on it’s face. Cleaned the tank cleaned the carb it all looked clean. Could it be valves? Is it the carb? It sounds like a main jet is clogged up but i could see through it when i pulled it out. So i don’t know where to go next. Any ideas? Thank you help is greatly appreciated.

18 minutes ago, justeg450r said:

I’m sorry I’m still kind of shocked was that a legitimate suggestion because I’ve showed it to all my motorcycle buddies and it’s got a laugh every time.

Think about it ,   what do you do with gas ?   Burn it .  You don't have to get it that hot to burn off the residue .....  then use a guitar string to finish ...   don't doubt me ,  been doing this stuff over 50 yrs...