OUTERLIMITS

supercross Barcia likes stock motor the best

Sounds like he's not going to change his style and the factory engine is too much for the way he rides.  Not surprising, never heard of anyone not liking the stock engine.

• Like 1

[mention=45328]mog[/mention] now here is a real example of a factory rider on a very close to stock bike.  

Or an example of how team Yamaha can't make a factory bike that works and riders like ,has been so since 09 lol

So your impressed they took 10 years to get a decent package ? Yes we should all stand back and clap them lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mog said:
11 minutes ago, indy rider said:
[mention=45328]mog[/mention] now here is a real example of a factory rider on a very close to stock bike.  emoji4.png

Or an example of how team Yamaha can't make a factory bike that works and riders like ,has been so since 09 lol

Probably lots of truth in that.  Barcia said he had asked for certain things and only recently has gotten it.  I don't think he asked for anything unreasonable, I think that the team is just very ridged, doesn't adapt very quickly and seems to think they know what the riders want more than the riders do.  Barcia admitted that he can't change his style so best thing is to adapt the bike to how he rides.  You would think they would embrace a guy that wants to ride an engine out of a $9000 bike rather than some over-engineered monstrosity that burns up a lot of cash needlessly.  The yardstick will be whether he actually does better on it and Paris won't be that test. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mog said:
6 minutes ago, indy rider said:
[mention=45328]mog[/mention] now here is a real example of a factory rider on a very close to stock bike.  emoji4.png

You've never once heard me defend the Factory team and I'm not starting now. But let's not stray from the point that he's actually running a stock motor. We've all had to listen to your erroneous claim that factory KTM's being "the closest to stock" factory bikes out there so I figured you might be interested an real world example of a factory rider actually running a stock motor. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Probably lots of truth in that.  Barcia said he had asked for certain things and only recently has gotten it.  I don't think he asked for anything unreasonable, I think that the team is just very ridged, doesn't adapt very quickly and seems to think they know what the riders want more than the riders do.  Barcia admitted that he can't change his style so best thing is to adapt the bike to how he rides.  You would think they would embrace a guy that wants to ride an engine out of a $9000 bike rather than some over-engineered monstrosity that burns up a lot of cash needlessly.  The yardstick will be whether he actually does better on it and Paris won't be that test. 
I no longer know if barcia is a top 5 rider ,it's been so long since her rode decent ? Does he have it even on the right bike ,and is the right bike a ktm 350 ?
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

Not that I don't agree but Reed said the exact same thing after he got something like a 3rd and then went on to continuing to suck ass.

You've never once heard me defend the Factory team and I'm not starting now. But let's not stray from the point that he's actually running a stock motor. We've all had to listen to your erroneous claim that factory KTM's being "the closest to stock" factory bikes out there so I figured you might be interested an real world example of a factory rider actually running a stock motor. 
Only for him as he can't ride anything with decent hp ( factory level hp )

Just now, mog said:
3 minutes ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

Read more  

I no longer know if barcia is a top 5 rider ,it's been so long since her rode decent ? Does he have it even on the right bike ,and is the right bike a ktm 350 ?

He's not. His fitness isn't anywhere close to where it needs to be to be in the current top five...well, unless someone gets hurt.

1 minute ago, mog said:
4 minutes ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

Read more  

I don't really think he is anymore, but one of those guys that is still capable of winning every now and then.  His ship may have sailed, but he is still talented and worthy of a factory ride.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mog said:
3 minutes ago, indy rider said:

Did he not say his teammate was also running the stock set-up?

Bowman said the factory ktm ran a 3 speed in the mxgp,but the bike tests say 4 speed and that's STD on euro models ,who was right ? Maybe I am ?

3 minutes ago, mog said:
5 minutes ago, indy rider said:

I don't think anyone would argue that the stock YZ450 doesn't have "decent hp".  Barcia admitted that he just needs to rev the piss out of a bike and doing that with a fully built factory engine is too much.  You might be right in that a 350 might be the best fit for him, people have been saying that for years.  Especially when you consider that 250's are not that far off the pace of 450's in supercross anyway. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, indy rider said:

@mog now here is a real example of a factory rider on a very close to stock bike.  :)

Mogs got herlings goggles enabling him to see clearly. Those bikes have plenty of power. Making it usable is the key. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, indy rider said:

It sounded like he was doing so as well.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

I don't think anyone would argue that the stock YZ450 doesn't have "decent hp".  Barcia admitted that he just needs to rev the piss out of a bike and doing that with a fully built factory engine is too much.  You might be right in that a 350 might be the best fit for him, people have been saying that for years.  Especially when you consider that 250's are not that far off the pace of 450's in supercross anyway. 

I wonder how well he'd do if he ran a Star 250f? 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

Sounds like he's not going to change his style and the factory engine is too much for the way he rides.  Not surprising, never heard of anyone not liking the stock engine.

Oldest trick in the book; Either you need to be faster, or you need to find a way to make the competition slower.

***THIS IS NOT AN INFOMERCIAL*** 

*****THIS IS NOT A SALES AD*****

***THIS IS A REAL TESTIMONY*****  (This is not a paid actor) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Not sure ,if so that's great , I would like to see him do well , I've said for ages no one needs more hp than the 450 has , RV said the same when testing all the yz and yzf range.

One of the factory ktm riders refused to ride the works engine back in 06?? Tyla rattray I think ,he said it was too explosive and powerful,ktm fought with him and they fell out but eventually he got his wish and went from top 15 to winning the mxgp ,that 1st time on the STD engine , ktm didn't want anyone to know he was on a STD engine , the opposite of now in a way , they would not mind the publicity now days imo ?

Here is something to show that may or may not interest you

The blue line is my STD 17 sxf 250( very strong for a STD sxf 17 for some reason )

The green is a ktm supported team bike ( I have covered up the team and rider) ,nearly 500 Dyno runs to get to that point

You see how good the STD 17 is ? Better than a ktm full race engine from 2014

Would anyone think a STD bike would put out factory level power from only a few years back ?the team bike was Dyno at altitude and would probably match the 17 at sea level .

Herlings also said when he rode the STD 16 how it had as much
power as his factory bike in 13 IMG_20191109_174834854_noexif.jpeg
  • Like 3
  • Helpful 1

hey get rid of that POPUP blocking the mid range!! The PUBLIC demands it,,, FAKE NEWS ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2