OUTERLIMITS

supercross Barcia likes stock motor the best

Just now, GBowman said:

I’ll bet you any amount of money you can muster up that will win at least 3 races and barring injury, is top 3 in points at the end.  

Did you know they ride bikes in prison

Screenshot_20191109-195431_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, 777654321 said:

What's funny about Ausy Sx is most the riders have decent tracks to practice on then race on shit.

Webs still in therapy from getting smoked by an Amatuer. 

Will be interesting to see the Aus sx track this year, it’s in a AFL stadium this year not a tennis arena, more than enough room 

23 hours ago, mog said:

Lol I could and it would be the last time I get dynos to share emoji12.png

I am going further than I promised I would already

The overriding thing I have learnt , most factory or factory support teams don't have huge hp engines , ktm claim 10% over STD

Derek Harris and Ron hamp ( rip) can get more than factory bikes in raw hp , but I don't think the factory want to run them that close the edge ,or need to ...

I've heard of 50 hp 250s and I've seen many( on TV ) at the side of the track with a blown engine , you don't win championship with multiple blow ups

The Dixon MXGP 250 Kawasakis a few years back were developed by Cosworth and were reckoned to be around 50 hp peak. The extra hp wasn't solely gained by increases in efficiency even though DLC coated pistons etc were used along witha compression ratio of 16:1. They still had to be revved a lot more, and were turning upwards of 16000rpm. They also ran only 3 speeds.

The same tune could easily be applied to a 450 cc engine- with a larger bore and shorter stroke likely, and 100 peak hp would be easy. The Cosworth engineers, who have built reliable F1 car engines with over 300 hp per litre, said that 80 hp from the 250 is possible if it is revved up enough and the porting and cam timing adjusted accordingly.

Edited by Momus
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1

The Dixon MXGP 250 Kawasakis a few years back were developed by Cosworth and were reckoned to be around 50 hp peak. The extra hp wasn't solely gained by increases in efficiency even though DLC coated pistons etc were used along witha compression ratio of 16:1. They still had to be revved a lot more, and were turning upwards of 16000rpm. They also ran only 3 speeds.
The same tune could easily be applied to a 450 cc engine- with a larger bore and shorter stroke likely, and 100 peak hp would be easy. The Cosworth engineers, who have built reliable F1 car engines with over 300 hp per litre, said that 80 hp from the 250 is possible if it is revved up enough and the porting and cam timing adjusted accordingly.

Wasn't they(Dixon Kawasaki) the most unreliable motors on the circuit ?

I thought it was a Yamaha with the 3 speed ?

1 hour ago, Momus said:

Rebuild after every moto more than likely.  That's progress folks!

Sounds like he wants more out of the stock motor. Stock motors won’t help you on the start though

15 minutes ago, Luigi117 said:

Sounds like he wants more out of the stock motor. Stock motors won’t help you on the start though

Traction is everything, HP aint, THEN YOU have the rider. Watch Paris SX, the honda's owned the starts,, OWNED on stock motors. That would be Jmart- Friese and HIll, Stewart.

JB's yamaha stock motor less pipe had crappy starts in 5-6 motos,  that was the rider.

Edited by KableXL

Why they don't just build whatever he wants is beyond me, guess they really don't care about championships on the big bike

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KableXL said:

Traction is everything, HP aint, THEN YOU have the rider. Watch Paris SX, the honda's owned the starts,, OWNED on stock motors. That would be Jmart- Friese and HIll, Stewart.

JB's yamaha stock motor less pipe had crappy starts in 5-6 motos,  that was the rider.

Hes just not man enough to handle the dragon 🐉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/9/2019 at 11:15 AM, mog said:

Or an example of how team Yamaha can't make a factory bike that works and riders like ,has been so since 09 lol

Yes this.  Remember Webb liked the stock '18 and thought he was going to race it, then Yamaha said no.

Edited by redrider144

On 11/9/2019 at 7:02 PM, The Creature said:

Barcia say the suspension work better when he rev the piss out of it (rigid)

Kenny say the suspension work best when he lugs (loose)

im comfused

Kenny is right, Barcia is nuts.

7 hours ago, Luigi117 said:

You can get a good start on a stock yamaha 450. Clutch setting, mapping and usable power means going forward not spinning.  

11 hours ago, mog said:

Wasn't they(Dixon Kawasaki) the most unreliable motors on the circuit ?

I thought it was a Yamaha with the 3 speed ?

They were professional level engines with rigorous maintenance demands. Engine life was  about 8 hours for the bikes in GP tune.

No doubt Yamaha also were trying to reduce friction, weight and complexity and went 3 speed.

The Kawasaki 250 engine was supposedly very flexible. The Cosworth engineer who designed the modifications said they operated from 6000 to 16000.

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 11:29 AM, mog said:

I no longer know if barcia is a top 5 rider ,it's been so long since her rode decent ? Does he have it even on the right bike ,and is the right bike a ktm 350 ?

Strong point...

I think Barcia would be better suited on the 350...!