2007 400EX has repeating miss at idle and periodic stall

OK so did a new topend for guy.  New cylinder, new piston, valve stem seals, adjust valve.  

Start her up.  Idling beautiful as she warms for breakin. turn choke off, idles down and then boom ..a random repeating miss. Almost to the point of a stall.  very distinct but random.  Then the miss became a stall.  Also as this symptom rears up the idle needs turned up all the sudden to keep it running.  Its bottomed out now and that's not right.

Carb is completely clean (Stock Jetting)

Pulled intake boot and sealed in case it was sucking air.  didn't like the charging voltage so I did a new stator, pick up and regulator.  Other than the CDI which generally is good or bad whats left to check.?  I know this carbs suck and with all the compression restored it may be looking for more fuel. I have a 42 pilot coming but the miss really makes no sense.  

Timing marks all lined up perfect.  Also eliminated the auto decompression crap.  

At my wits end on this one..

Just curious was this fixed? What was the problem? Same thing is going on with mine right now. Did the exact same service as you. Piston, cylinder, valve seals and adjusted valves.. and literally runs the same way.