Jump to content

Hyundai Entering the Small Truck Market in 2021

Recommended Posts

I guess the other genders need truck too[emoji1787][emoji1787]

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a truck.  More like a sedan without a trunk lid.  

 

If you can only fit a suitcase in the bed, it's not a truck, period.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

looks good. At least they put a bike in the back. That's something.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hyundai Santa Cruz Small Pickup Will Start Production in 2021

Concept photos:

image.png

image.png

image.png
 

image.png
Cab has rear half doors, but a crew cab hasn't been ruled out.


Based upon the Sante Fe SUV platform, the Santa Cruz "truck" will be more like the Honda Ridgeline, but for many who don't tow much or need a work truck, unit body construction trucks suit their needs. My riding buddy has a 2018 Ridgeline for a moto hauler and he loves it. While not necessarily my cup of tea, I'm always envious of tail gate the drops and sweeps as well as the built in locking trunk under the bed. Not having a frame has its advantages (and disadvantages). The Santa Cruz will be assembled in Alabama.

Regardless, I'm happy to see that the truck market continues to grow and expand. It's just making everything in the segment better. But, I will say... Man, truck prices are insane, new and used!

image.png

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dodge sells the Ram.  Those manufacturers sell trick miniSUVs with a little bed in back like the old subaru brats.  

Ram-700-SLT-Image-Share-1.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will have an extended tailgate to allow a full size bike. But still very limited space for gear, gas can etc. Honda version might be a better choice but still has a very gay front end.

Edited by Piney Woods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My two Dakotas were the perfect size for my DB and other light duty use. I like the looks of that Hyundai but I will probably not be riding when it hits the street. Still prefer buying American though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Piney Woods said:

My two Dakotas were the perfect size for my DB and other light duty use. I like the looks of that Hyundai but I will probably not be riding when it hits the street. Still prefer buying American though.

Right cuz GM and ford only use USA labor and parts. :D 

wonder what the msrp is for the Hyundai truck?  My 13 year old Nissan Titan still great and won’t plan on replacing it but just curious on price. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Piney Woods said:

My two Dakotas were the perfect size for my DB and other light duty use. I like the looks of that Hyundai but I will probably not be riding when it hits the street. Still prefer buying American though.

https://news.pickuptrucks.com/2019/06/2019-honda-ridgeline-is-carscoms-most-american-made-truck.html

  • Like 2
  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Bryan Bosch said:

image.png

Still not a truck.  Neither was the El Camino. 😉

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, shrubitup said:

Right cuz GM and ford only use USA labor and parts. :D 

wonder what the msrp is for the Hyundai truck?  My 13 year old Nissan Titan still great and won’t plan on replacing it but just curious on price. 

Since it's just a concept and production is a ways out, I suspect they'll not be able to publish that for a while. Too many changes in materials costs, labor, design changes, etc... have to be factored in.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bryan Bosch said:

Hyundai Santa Cruz Small Pickup Will Start Production in 2021

Concept photos:

image.png

image.png

image.png
 

image.png
Cab has rear half doors, but a crew cab hasn't been ruled out.


Based upon the Sante Fe SUV platform, the Santa Cruz "truck" will be more like the Honda Ridgeline, but for many who don't tow much or need a work truck, unit body construction trucks suit their needs. My riding buddy has a 2018 Ridgeline for a moto hauler and he loves it. While not necessarily my cup of tea, I'm always envious of tail gate the drops and sweeps as well as the built in locking trunk under the bed. Not having a frame has its advantages (and disadvantages). The Santa Cruz will be assembled in Alabama.

Regardless, I'm happy to see that the truck market continues to grow and expand. It's just making everything in the segment better. But, I will say... Man, truck prices are insane, new and used!

image.png

It's a car...   :smirk:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sahr Kastic said:

How many of these do you think they will sell (link below)?  I think a bunch...

I'd most likely never buy one, but I like it A LOT!

I dig the two door with room for dogs behind the seat. Add all wheel/ four wheel for the occasional snow storm or mountain pass and you have a sporty commuter that isn't your typical 'cute-yute'.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×
×
  • Create New...