Hammy-56

Dual Motorcycle Hitch hauler

Anyone have a dual hitch hauler, successfully hauling two full size dirt bikes?

Im considering one, like the Versahaul.

Truck is a 2015 RAM 1500 4WD.

I would worry about overweighting the hitch. 2 bikes would be pushing the tongue weight limit I would think, and double so with it so far it back as mentioned already.

• Like 1

If you look at the recommendations provided by versahaul.. not even all 3/4 ton class pickups can handle a fully loaded dual bike carrier. 

Only person that I know that uses a dual motorcycle carrier is @Brian Wilson He uses it on a Ford Excursion Diesel w/o issue. I'll agree with others that the biggest issue here is making sure that you're w/i the tongue weight limits of your vehicle and hitch.

This thread might be of value: 

• Like 1

My single HC with a light weight CR250 makes the steering lighter in my Yukon. No issue with either spec, just weight hanging out a good ways from the axle. Physics is.

20 hours ago, Piney Woods said:

My single HC with a light weight CR250 makes the steering lighter in my Yukon. No issue with either spec, just weight hanging out a good ways from the axle. Physics is.

Really? 01 tahoe 4x4 with single carrier. Hauled a 500lb. Adv bike from Tennessee to central Fl with no issues. 

Really.  My 01 and 08 were/are 2wd. Maybe the heavy running gear in the front end makes a diff. Or maybe you're the kinda guy who drives around on a flat tire and never notices till he gets out. ;)

A friend of mine hauled two KTM 530's on his for years without any problems. It did make it a little heavy in the rear though. Long wheel base truck. F250 two wheel drive, extra cab, 8 foot bed.

On 11/19/2019 at 11:48 AM, Piney Woods said:

Really.  My 01 and 08 were/are 2wd. Maybe the heavy running gear in the front end makes a diff. Or maybe you're the kinda guy who drives around on a flat tire and never notices till he gets out. ;)

I'm the guy that can feel a piece of pea gravel stuck in my rear tire! The 4X4 probably has diff spring rates and is heavier for sure. I drive on the harder side too, but never noticed any wandering or vagueness in the steering.

The tank I hauled:
triumph_tiger_800XC_powerlineroad_meadowpoint_blvd_20140430.jpg

I routinely carry two in the bed and one off the hitch when traveling with my riding buddies. 15' Tundra without issue. That is roughly 500-600 over the axle and 325 hanging when you factor in the moto jack rack. I have been considering trying out a front mounted hitch for the third bike when I am hauling my camper. Do not know anyone that does it. Don't even know if its a good idea, but it may be something for the op to consider.

18 hours ago, Bryan Bosch said:

I'm the guy that can feel a piece of pea gravel stuck in my rear tire! The 4X4 probably has diff spring rates and is heavier for sure. I drive on the harder side too, but never noticed any wandering or vagueness in the steering.

The tank I hauled:
triumph_tiger_800XC_powerlineroad_meadowpoint_blvd_20140430.jpg

You're a braver man than me, I think you're kidding yourself. I'll do the driving on our next trip. With a trailer.