Yamaha 125 fan

1992 Yamaha warrior will not idle off choke

My Yamaha warrior has a weird issue were it runs just fine off of the choke and idles but as soon as I turn the choke off it will start to idle and then back fire out the intake and stop running please help

Today's gas has a very short shelf life. I bet your Warrior sat unused for about a month and hence, the pilot jet is slightly clogged up with varnish from the stale gas. This is a common problem and you can clean out the pilot jet, but I would just replace it and run a little Sea Foam in you gas on a regular basis.

On 11/22/2019 at 4:06 PM, Yamaha 125 fan said:

I cleaned the carb out with carb cleaner and it still dose the same thing

Just spraying some carb cleaner into the jets won't get them clean enough. In desperate moments, I used welder tip files on dirty jets, but like I said the first time, just replace your pilot jet, adjust to a crisp idle and go ride that Warrior

Well I took the carb off and cleaned everything and put a pen spring in the Excelerator pump and now it runs off choke but it will backfire and shut off and it won’t run because it’ll backfire and shut off immediately I did check the valves and put an new intake on it. Any advice