21 minutes ago, Shackleton said:

Both you guys are neanderthals who seem to be putting down women and the future of cars! 

BMWs are feminine lol: 

635csi.jpg

My girldfriend would love that. 2K cash?

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, BushPig said:

My girldfriend would love that. 2K cash?

Not even for the wheels, try like $40k range, if you wouldn't love one, you have no taste

Edited by Shackleton

42 minutes ago, Shackleton said:

Both you guys are neanderthals who seem to be putting down women and the future of cars! 

BMWs are feminine lol: 

635csi.jpg

Just because their Neanderthals does not mean their wrong (just doomed)! 

• Haha 1

On 11/29/2019 at 7:46 PM, The Creature said:

Ya and di is really hard on oil too so pretty much offsets the gas savings if changing often enough.. Think a top shelf syn is pretty much piss water at 5k.. 

Then buying used is kind of a crap shoot if they following dealer oil schedule then it gonna be sucking a quart every 500 miles lol

Meh...I guess it depends on the car. My little shitbox Focus has a 1.0 turbo/DI 3 cyl. It actually makes 125ish hp and is probably the most reliable part of the car. The 1L ecoboost are actually well known for being easy on oil. I finally did an oil analysis of my 5k mile oil in that car. In those miles, I didn't have to add a drop of oil and Blackstone even recommended changing at 7k miles on the next go around.

On 11/30/2019 at 1:18 PM, The Creature said:

Everyone i know with a modern diesel has had problems dodge gm mercedes makes no difference. Modern Egr too complicated. They always missing practice days.. 

I had a 3 series that was junk, heard not uncommon for rod bearings needing replacement by 80k which is the mileage mine had when it was using a quart every 5-1000 miles which bmw claims normal... I know someone with audi 2.0 purchase new using oil low mileage the dealer says the same thing.. It would also go limp i think because of problems with the pcv pooling oil in turbo lines in heavy traffic.. When i run catch can it would raise crankcase pressure, use more oil and smoke..  Theres more but u get the point,,

The new fords are di turbo.. no thanks..

I own a Dodge with a 6.7 Cummins, I deleted the DPF/Cat and the EGR. I never actually had any issues with the emissions components themselves...however, analysis showed that there was possible premature internal wear and that the oil lost it's viscosity rapidly. After the deletes, those issues resolved, I chock it up to higher EGT's as well as re-ingesting exhaust gasses. 

Otherwise the truck has been great, lot's of people make it sound like it's a maintenance nightmare to own a diesel...that's not the case. Even the scary variable-geometry turbo on mine isn't all that bad. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shackleton said:

Not even for the wheels, try like $40k range, if you wouldn't love one, you have no taste

I was just giving you a wind up. I didnt even say anything abiut it looking like a gen 1 golf with a different back.

As for wanting one, I dont tend to enjoy polishing shit and worrying where I park and potholes. So chalk me up to no taste then, I would spend that 40k much differently.

Driving it and giving it back with &%$#@!ed synchros, a blown diff and bald tyres is a different story. Do German unobtanium cars hold up better to a thrashing than Japanese ones? Are clutches, diffs and tyres readily cheaply available second hand? 500 for a rim. No thanks but cheap compared with AMG I'll give ya that.

Edit: jokes aside she does LOVE BMW. Have considered finding her an E36 or something but what's the point in a lowly boring model?

Her current car is automatic but at least it has a 6L v8 to keep me happy.

44 minutes ago, Sierra_rider said:

Meh...I guess it depends on the car. My little shitbox Focus has a 1.0 turbo/DI 3 cyl. It actually makes 125ish hp and is probably the most reliable part of the car. The 1L ecoboost are actually well known for being easy on oil. I finally did an oil analysis of my 5k mile oil in that car. In those miles, I didn't have to add a drop of oil and Blackstone even recommended changing at 7k miles on the next go around.

I own a Dodge with a 6.7 Cummins, I deleted the DPF/Cat and the EGR. I never actually had any issues with the emissions components themselves...however, analysis showed that there was possible premature internal wear and that the oil lost it's viscosity rapidly. After the deletes, those issues resolved, I chock it up to higher EGT's as well as re-ingesting exhaust gasses. 

Otherwise the truck has been great, lot's of people make it sound like it's a maintenance nightmare to own a diesel...that's not the case. Even the scary variable-geometry turbo on mine isn't all that bad. 

My diesel has the same service intervals as my other vehicles. Only difference is it takes a few more litres of oil.

Edited by BushPig

BMWs are feminine lol: 
635csi.jpg.9c252f5c244c06a27af6ff04a7ca2bef.jpg

Cmon man. And than you post a pic of the most feminine bmw. You couldn’t even find a M series to post up? Even my wife thinks bmw and Mercedes are feminine. You should be driving that car in the Woman’s March. Only thing it’s missing is a “I Hate Trump” sticker.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Bigfatredpig said:

The electric car is more feminine than a muscle car that literally breaths fire and shakes the earth when you drive it.

An electric motorcycle will always be more feminine than a 500 two stroke, that again shakes the earth.

Plus when you see diesel generators powering Tesla charging stations, I can’t think of a more inefficient way to get around.

Electric vehicles are a total scam, worse than the eth crap. The environment is already suffering greatly from the dead batteries being disposed of. Great Britain has already reached a crisis point with dead batteries and it will only get worse. Regarding el vehicles, stupidity reigns with a gullible, ignorant public. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mikedeezxxx said:

Cmon man. And than you post a pic of the most feminine bmw. You couldn’t even find a M series to post up? Even my wife thinks bmw and Mercedes are feminine. You should be driving that car in the Woman’s March. Only thing it’s missing is a “I Hate Trump” sticker.

You know what to say about opinions...........

Also MAGA sans Bloomberg 

Edited by Shackleton

7 hours ago, mikedeezxxx said:

Haha I assumed it was a debadged and despoilered M the way he carried on.

Is it a 318 or 325 with nice paint and rims? LOL.

I know someone with that exact car; I dont think he paid more than 20K Aussie.

5 hours ago, Piney Woods said:

Electric vehicles are a total scam, worse than the eth crap. The environment is already suffering greatly from the dead batteries being disposed of. Great Britain has already reached a crisis point with dead batteries and it will only get worse. Regarding el vehicles, stupidity reigns with a gullible, ignorant public. 

Agreed. I hope any EV "for the the planet and the Childrenz" people are down with mining. Even Photovoltaic panels to charge you EV "greenly" are shitty to make too.

On 11/23/2019 at 3:18 PM, mbrick said:

Not supporting the truck, but don't support spreading false info.  The bed is 6.5' long and the interior space is far more than any current 1/2 ton trucks.

That battery, err, I mean truck is much larger than it looks sitting by itself. Up next to the F150 and you can see the thing is monster large.

• Like 2

On 12/1/2019 at 6:28 AM, ss-racing said:

Sad but true.  I find it amazing that the pie in the sky is the self driving car , “ I’m not willing or capable to drive my car properly so I want technology to do it for me....no matter what the cost.”. 🙄

When self driving cars hit the big cities en-masse it's gonna be a big time boost to public drunkeness and debauchery. Will be the time to own a bar if you can stand it. No more DUIs, no worries, another round please!

• Haha 1

Got a link on Great Britain breaking point? You might be right, but with the limited #s of EVs currently on the road, the end life battery cycle on most of them still a few years off, i find that crisis statement questionable. Id guess today the waste of normal lead acid vehicle batteries much much greater than EV batteries. Probably for now spent laptop and other lithium ion battery toys/tools/tech stuff waste exceeds their EV counterparts. There is a whole industry catering to the DIY powerwall homebuilders and off grid setups repurposing crashed teslas and nissan leafs.    

On 12/1/2019 at 3:32 PM, BushPig said:

I'll stick with proven LS.

If you're sick of over complicated BS they even sell carb conversions for them for the biggest luddites.

That'll keep yo TPI hating ass happy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, M E T A L A C I D said:

I'll stick with the tried and true

WOW! A 1954 F100 step side was my very first ride!  Did not look near as nice as that one though. (but still a TRIM MAGNET in H.S.)!                                                                           image.png.9f8fb97bb395e5a3e1ec69d0886c1845.png.af658a5a3d6d09fa47124ba0c60487cd.png

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Shackleton said:

I see the trolls have hijacked the thread again

:cry: Dood this is nothing you better stay outta Townsquare basement if derailing Hyper Hype has your P.I.A.W.

Edited by KaToomTime
  • Like 1

On 12/1/2019 at 5:21 PM, Bigfatredpig said:

The electric car is more feminine than a muscle car that literally breaths fire and shakes the earth when you drive it.

An electric motorcycle will always be more feminine than a 500 two stroke, that again shakes the earth.

Plus when you see diesel generators powering Tesla charging stations, I can’t think of a more inefficient way to get around.

Yes, when you consider the whole supply chain of generating power (using fossil fuels) to power transmission, to power storage, to power use by the electric motors in a car; electric cars are less efficient in use of power than todays fuel efficient gasoline cars.   But with that in mind, even though electric cars are less efficient, their cost per mile is much lower than a gasoline powered car because the electricity to power an electric car can be made and distributed much cheaper than it costs to produce gasoline and its supply chain.   If we could only power our cars with less costly fuels such as the oil used in steam generator plants (and get it at the same cost) then we could have really low cost transportation!

Electric generators and motors are very efficient.  At designed load typically above 90%, where a gasoline powered car will be around 40% or so at peak efficiency, and 0% at idle.

With that in mind, I do like the idea of electric vehicles.   Large amounts of torque, excellent acceleration, no oil changes, internal combustion engine or transmission issues, and you can fill er up at your house for a lower cost than going to a gasoline station.   But there are drawbacks that we all know, and we may not be saving the environment by using them.  (I’m not sure of the carbon footprint of electric cars vs gasoline when it comes to the complete supply chain of fuel and use of same).

Interesting conversation.   I look forward to owning an electric car someday that will do 0-60 in under 6 seconds (easily achievable), have a range of 400 miles, be able to fully charge overnight at my house, and be at least as big as a Volkswagen Golf.   And will not cost me any more than a Golf GTI.   Is this all achievable, I don’t know.

Greg

• Like 2

Yes, when you consider the whole supply chain of generating power (using fossil fuels) to power transmission, to power storage, to power use by the electric motors in a car; electric cars are less efficient in use of power than todays fuel efficient gasoline cars.   But with that in mind, even though electric cars are less efficient, their cost per mile is much lower than a gasoline powered car because the electricity to power an electric car can be made and distributed much cheaper than it costs to produce gasoline and its supply chain.   If we could only power our cars with less costly fuels such as the oil used in steam generator plants (and get it at the same cost) then we could have really low cost transportation!
Electric generators and motors are very efficient.  At designed load typically above 90%, where a gasoline powered car will be around 40% or so at peak efficiency, and 0% at idle.
With that in mind, I do like the idea of electric vehicles.   Large amounts of torque, excellent acceleration, no oil changes, internal combustion engine or transmission issues, and you can fill er up at your house for a lower cost than going to a gasoline station.   But there are drawbacks that we all know, and we may not be saving the environment by using them.  (I’m not sure of the carbon footprint of electric cars vs gasoline when it comes to the complete supply chain of fuel and use of same).
Interesting conversation.   I look forward to owning an electric car someday that will do 0-60 in under 6 seconds (easily achievable), have a range of 400 miles, be able to fully charge overnight at my house, and be at least as big as a Volkswagen Golf.   And will not cost me any more than a Golf GTI.   Is this all achievable, I don’t know.
  Greg

I don’t know if it’s true, but I’ve read from several sources that there isn’t enough lithium in the world the replace every car on the road with a battery powered version.

Also lithium mining seems to be far more destructive than burning petroleum.

My grandpa never joined the internet and has greatly benefited from the choice, I think I’ll just skip battery powered vehicles.
  • Like 2