Motominded LED for 2020 Beta

I wrote Motominded and asked about an LED light kit for my 2020 390 RR-S, due late Dec, and here is their reply:

“The Beta headlight mask is new for 2020.

We are currently working on the 2020 LED Kit for the pros racing the Red Bull Override December 7-8. About that time we will launch the 2020 LED Kit.

We can put you on the notification list for when it will be available in a couple of weeks. 

Let us know,

Motominded Customer Service 

Motominded.com”

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We had to make some minor changes to the bracket. With the new update, we made a fill plate.

Also, this bracket is the same part# for 2015-2020 Beta Bikes!

Successful test at Redbull Override with Max Gerston (6th) and Benjamin Herrera (2nd)

We will launch Friday.

IMG_20191207_135335.jpg

Edited by MotoMinded
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MotoMinded said:

We had to make some minor changes to the bracket. With the new update, we made a fill plate.

Tested successful test at Redbull Override with Max Gerston (6th) and Benjamin Herrera (2nd)

We will launch Friday.

IMG_20191207_135335.jpg

Thanks for the update

I’ll  be ordering mine. My bike has be delayed a month for EPA Regs but I’m eager to get saddle time.

13 hours ago, MotoMinded said:

Successful test at Redbull Override with Max Gerston (6th) and Benjamin Herrera (2nd)

We will launch Friday.

IMG_20191207_135335.jpg

Not to be picky, but have you ever considered building a more "stock" look for the headlight insert or is the airflow needed around the light? I have a 2018 sport version, and it's great. Just would prefer a more factory stock look. 

• Helpful 1

Few reasons we have to design our brackets this way.

- Do not block airflow for cooling. Heat is the enemy of LEDs. Why the cheap-o LEDs will degrade quick. LEDs will degrade over time if they get too hot.

-  Get the LED up and out as far as we can to reduce fender shadow

- Have the ability to be "Grab and Aim"   The top reason why we make LED brackets so you can properly aim out on the trail. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I love the new MotoMinded / Baja Design lights I just installed in my 2020 RR-S.

The new setup is sooo much more effective than the weak stock headlight, and I appreciate that the lights retain the factory high/low functionality. Plus, they look very cool installed with the white BD lights. ?

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jacob Horn said:

I love the new MotoMinded / Baja Design lights I just installed in my 2020 RR-S.

The new setup is sooo much more effective than the weak stock headlight, and I appreciate that the lights retain the factory high/low functionality. Plus, they look very cool installed with the white BD lights. ?

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

Can you post a night photo, out on the road so we can see the pattern and the brightness on high and low?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rocky4by said:

Can you post a night photo, out on the road so we can see the pattern and the brightness on high and low?

yes, I will post a night shot as soon as I get a dry night here in Seattle. ?

Edited by Jacob Horn