- Mihajlo - YT -

Beta XTrainer 300 2017 Weird noise VIDEO

A couple of weeks ago I bought a Beta XTrainer 300 2017 with 230+ working hours i ride it 5 working hours for now, the engine goes off as it should have no flaws in Hard Enduro but the other day a weird noise was heard at the machine, I don't know what it was if they were the main crankshaft bearings or what's the problem? whoever can help me would be very grateful to him, by chance i recorded the sound of how that sounds , just turn up the volumen at the maximum so you can hear the noise in the video

https://youtu.be/uB_9kE0zYKA

• Like 2

1 hour ago, - Mihajlo - YT - said:

A couple of weeks ago I bought a Beta XTrainer 300 2017 with 230+ working hours i ride it 5 working hours for now, the engine goes off as it should have no flaws in Hard Enduro but the other day a weird noise was heard at the machine, I don't know what it was if they were the main crankshaft bearings or what's the problem? whoever can help me would be very grateful to him, by chance i recorded the sound of how that sounds , just turn up the volumen at the maximum so you can hear the noise in the video

https://youtu.be/uB_9kE0zYKA

Vid don't work. I'll just venture a guess. If your main bearing are going you will hear a off throttle rap, or bumping noise. A rattling is piston slap, a clacking is a valve train noise...

8 minutes ago, M E T A L A C I D said:

Vid don't work. I'll just venture a guess. If your main bearing are going you will hear a off throttle rap, or bumping noise. A rattling is piston slap, a clacking is a valve train noise...

Where can i send you the video? If you can help me

• Like 1

1 minute ago, M E T A L A C I D said:

Just use your mouse to cut and paste it up on here. Or you might try you-tube, and post a link.

I have this link its uploaded on youtube

• Like 1

1 hour ago, - Mihajlo - YT - said:

I should check them first , thanks for the vid

Pull off your alternator cover, then give the rotor an up and down and side to side wiggle, there should be no play or just a tiny bit. If its ok, then it might be the easier top end, piston, rings, valves, timing chain etc... Good luck!

Edited by M E T A L A C I D
  • Helpful 1

1 hour ago, M E T A L A C I D said:

Pull off your alternator cover, then give the rotor an up and down and side to side wiggle, there should be no play or just a tiny bit. If its ok, then it might be the easier top end, piston, rings, valves, timing chain etc... Good luck!

Valves. Timing chain? What are you drinking? :smirk:

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, M E T A L A C I D said:

Sat what now? 

If it’s the main bearing you’ll likely hear a screeching noise. It’s been well documented.

Edited by Hammy-56

4 hours ago, M E T A L A C I D said:

Thanks for the help😀😀

3 hours ago, Hammy-56 said:

Sat what now? 

If it’s the main bearing you’ll likely hear a screeching noise. It’s been well documented.

On the vid when i turned off the motorcycle you can hear some screeching noise 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Drop-Bear said:

Valves. Timing chain? What are you drinking? :smirk:

Drop bear, you so silly, the film was indeed short, and it sounded like a chain to me. So quit trippin' dawg, you threw in your opinion, and I threw in mine dawg, so chillo my gorilla...😀image.png.642ae9cbf65a503751de578b6e933aab.png

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Hammy-56 said:

Sat what now? 

Rod bearings make the rapping noise, mains make a screeching, Got it! Perciate the update, now chillo my gorilla...Btw, I had an 86 cr that made a rapping noise, and it was the rod and main bearings that's what the mechanic told me, so I have been told wrong, Preciate that my man. Got it!😉image.png.500c9ecbf1b6fc2852b30fa41186b26b.png

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, M E T A L A C I D said:

This is funny, the bopsie twins were quick to criticize my opinion, and instead of offering a hand to the poor chap, they went after the METAL. Bless yall's hearts.👍image.thumb.png.faee5d63d91520172342edec4748c095.png

Calm down. 

We did offer helpful/factual information. And nobody “went after” you. 

You were unsurprisingly criticized for mentioning “valve train” on a 2 cycle. 

• Helpful 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Hammy-56 said:

Calm down. 

We did offer helpful/factual information. And nobody “went after” you. 

You were unsurprisingly criticized for mentioning “valve train” on a 2 cycle. 

Wait a minute, its a 2 stroke? Hell, didn't know that. It's hard to tell what " that" or any modern bike is now-a-days. I'll be damned! No crap!😉 Here is my "opinion" then, from what I heard on the gents short video, I believe he should have let the bike run for at least 40 seconds, then I would have ventured a "guess" like most folks do on TT anyways. I have to physically be there to see and hear what's happening. I think I need to research other bike brands, and their power package make up, before I pull the trigger. Preciate your opinion too. Again, I did not know if the dam thing was a 2 stroke or a four stroke. I am calm, so you can "relax" too.👍

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1