Jump to content
- Mihajlo - YT -

Beta XTrainer 300 2017 Weird noise VIDEO

Recommended Posts

Ahhhhh, I found out why I was confused, I got the dam thing confused with the KTM free ride, the free ride is a 4 stroke, and the beta is a s stroke, yeup here is where I messed up. I learned about those 2 in dirt rider magazine, Boy those bikes look closely the same.image.png.c101e738e73bb312956af3a5c3faea35.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, M E T A L A C I D said:

Wait a minute, its a 2 stroke? Hell, didn't know that. It's hard to tell what " that" or any modern bike is now-a-days. I'll be damned! No crap!😉 Here is my "opinion" then, from what I heard on the gents short video, I believe he should have let the bike run for at least 40 seconds, then I would have ventured a "guess" like most folks do on TT anyways. I have to physically be there to see and hear what's happening. I think I need to research other bike brands, and their power package make up, before I pull the trigger. Preciate your opinion too. Again, I did not if the dam thing was a 2 stroke or a four stroke. I am calm, so you can "relax" too.👍

Okay i can post here a better video if you want guys but mechanic said to me that maybe is a piston and the rings bcs they have 230+ working hours , so i ordered 2 new main bearings and i am going to change the piston and rings also and we will see whats going on with the bike 😄

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, - Mihajlo - YT - said:

Okay i can post here a better video if you want guys but mechanic said to me that maybe is a piston and the rings bcs they have 230+ working hours , so i ordered 2 new main bearings and i am going to change the piston and rings also and we will see whats going on with the bike 😄

Mihajlo, you are good to go, brother. I got your bike confused with the KTM cross dresser, sorry bro. I read in dirt magazine about both of them being great off road bikes, I didn't pay attention to the 2 stroke vs 4 stroke as my fellow TT'ers were quick to point out my errors. Sheeze! LOL! I have heard mechanical screechings on 2 and 4 strokes, I had an 86 cr that made rapping noises only to my dismay find out is was time to split the cases and do a whole crank kit and top end, shelling out my hard earned money. Mihajlo, pull off your alternator cover and give your rotor a wiggle, if it moves then its your main bearings, if you want to be "safe" then do a complete overhaul. Metalacid...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, M E T A L A C I D said:

Mihajlo, you are good to go, brother. I got your bike confused with the KTM cross dresser, sorry bro. I read in dirt magazine about both of them being great off road bikes, I didn't pay attention to the 2 stroke vs 4 stroke as my fellow TT'ers were quick to point out my errors. Sheeze! LOL! I have heard mechanical screechings on 2 and 4 strokes, I had an 86 cr that made rapping noises only to my dismay find out is was time to split the cases and do a whole crank kit and top end, shelling out my hard earned money. Mihajlo, pull off your alternator cover and give your rotor a wiggle, if it moves then its your main bearings, if you want to be "safe" then do a complete overhaul. 

Thanks for the reply buddy, but I think it might even be the best idea to replace the piston, links, main crankshaft bearings, since I read on the internet that crankshaft bearings die very fast, so I'll change all that and send a reply when I fix everything that, thank you all for the answers my english is a little bad, i am from serbia greetings

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, - Mihajlo - YT - said:

Thanks for the reply buddy, but I think it might even be the best idea to replace the piston, links, main crankshaft bearings, since I read on the internet that crankshaft bearings die very fast, so I'll change all that and send a reply when I fix everything that, thank you all for the answers my english is a little bad, i am from serbia greetings

That would cost me here in serbia less than 250€

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, - Mihajlo - YT - said:

Thanks for the reply buddy, but I think it might even be the best idea to replace the piston, links, main crankshaft bearings, since I read on the internet that crankshaft bearings die very fast, so I'll change all that and send a reply when I fix everything that, thank you all for the answers my english is a little bad, i am from serbia greetings

My friend, the best wishes to you! Sorry about the circus in here, that's TT, it gets crazy in here, Good luck with your bike. METALACID.😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Drop-Bear said:

Valves. Timing chain? What are you drinking? :smirk:

Uh, bro, I got the Beta 2t mixed up with the KTM free ride, honest mistake, thanks for pointing out my error, they do look the same don't they? Huh?👍image.png.1ff475d1ae601fac42b2c963e721bce3.pngHell even the pipes look close. Everybody makes mistakes, glad you saw that, you da man dawg!youre-da-man.jpg.5f8aafce5326ed2d08d9d579ad11f23f.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Yoshimura450L said:

The seller was lucky to offload it when he did. You, not so lucky.
Fix it. Sell it. Buy a Yamaha 250x and enjoy your life.

No point selling it after he fixes it. "Better the devil you know". 

Once It's fixed, It'll be a great bike. It sucks he's had to go through this. But, we learn best from our mistakes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, M E T A L A C I D said:

Ahhhhh, I found out why I was confused, I got the dam thing confused with the KTM free ride, the free ride is a 4 stroke, and the beta is a s stroke, yeup here is where I messed up. I learned about those 2 in dirt rider magazine, Boy those bikes look closely the same.image.png.c101e738e73bb312956af3a5c3faea35.png

The free ride is not a 4 stoke its a 2 stroke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Eric72 said:

The free ride is not a 4 stoke its a 2 stroke

And this right here folks is why I ride Hondas, thanks professor for the update, a little late to the parade eh?🤔 Hondas forever!251b6592359b0037c02429f0433ccc5d.thumb.jpg.f703c06c92fbcea8a17a15461568b182.jpg

Edited by M E T A L A C I D
-200 no image?
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the engine has as many hours as you suggest I'd take it completely apart and inspect everything for wear and  tear and replace worn parts accordingly. It is better to inspect and KNOW what you are dealing with instead of "shot gunning" a problem. Do it right the first time and ride assured you did a proper repair. This goes for any engine repairs, especially on a 2 smoke.

  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beta was extending the warranties on the main bearings on these bikes recognizing that they have a problem with them failing.

It may be a long shot since yours is a 2017, but I’d contact my local Beta dealer to see if they will fix it for you under the extended warranty.

   Greg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
And this right here folks is why I ride Hondas, thanks professor for the update, a little late to the parade eh? Hondas forever!251b6592359b0037c02429f0433ccc5d.thumb.jpg.f703c06c92fbcea8a17a15461568b182.jpg


What exactly during these prior pages of your pontificating has been relevant to the OP’s problem? You seem to know nothing on the XTrainer internal noises or even what an XTrainer is.

There are a few unique issues to Beta 2-strokes that are not shared by other brands, normally.

This ain’t a vintage Honda subject
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mark-us-B said:

 


What exactly during these prior pages of your pontificating has been relevant to the OP’s problem? You seem to know nothing on the XTrainer internal noises or even what an XTrainer is.

There are a few unique issues to Beta 2-strokes that are not shared by other brands, normally.

This ain’t a vintage Honda subject

 

How does some one learn, from mistakes, Yeup, mistakes. I am now learnid my left coast "friend".  Im done here, enjoy your Beta, your opinion is noted. Bless your heart..😉

Edited by M E T A L A C I D
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hard to tell from the vid but it sounds like there is something still spinning after the engine stops??? Did you pull in the clutch as you stopped the engine and as a result we hear the bearing? Could it be the starter dragging/not disengaging? I’d check easy stuff before I split cases.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hard to tell from the vid but it sounds like there is something still spinning after the engine stops??? Did you pull in the clutch as you stopped the engine and as a result we hear the bearing? Could it be the starter dragging/not disengaging? I’d check easy stuff before I split cases.

If your talking about the sound that occurs after the engine stops, there is no way it is the crank bearing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem was solved, it was neither the piston nor the main crankshaft bearings, the problem was in these two screws that were loosened a lot I clamped them on the engine and it no longer had any weird sound

The bike is now working good

IMG-20191128-WA0039.jpeg

  • Like 2
  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2019 at 11:56 PM, DcK said:


If your talking about the sound that occurs after the engine stops, there is no way it is the crank bearing.

Finally someone hears that noise after the engine stops

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...