Bills woods red river tx

I just went on my first Enduro ride and was wondering if any of y'all have even ridden Bill's Woods on the red river in texas all the way through it's like 16 miles. My question is what skill level would you say that is? I thought it was pretty tough. Took me about 5 hours and I will be sore in the morning. 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

what's this place like after a heavy rain (like last Friday - jan 10). Looking for a place to ride monday. Actually, i think they're closed on mondays. So maybe doesn't matter. 

Twin Hills said they're open, but will be a mess for a few more days.

Basically, where do DFW riders go, when it's been raining. What areas dry out quickest?

And who might be open during the week? thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...

Red River dries fairly quickly but it has a massive variety of dirt....you kinda need to know where to go and what to avoid after rain. Bills Woods has a ton of shade and ruts so they take longer to dry out. I was there today, and do most of the trail work in Bills Woods, and it was pretty sloppy after the 1/2" on Wed.

And to the original post. Bills Woods is far from a beginner 17 mile ride. Many many folks bail out at the 7 mile mark. If your bike isn't set up for woods (gearing, power delivery, and suspension) then your life will be much harder.  Lots of exposed roots with couple of inches up to a foot or more step up over them.

And to the original post. Bills Woods is far from a beginner 17 mile ride. Many many folks bail out at the 7 mile mark. If your bike isn't set up for woods (gearing, power delivery, and suspension) then your life will be much harder.  Lots of exposed roots with couple of inches up to a foot or more step up over them.

thanks. Made it over to Barnwell. Pretty cool. i'll wait until it gets a bit dryer, and get a bit 'better', and explore RR. 

I mean...I get a bit better...

On 11/24/2019 at 7:10 PM, Jay monee said:

I just went on my first Enduro ride and was wondering if any of y'all have even ridden Bill's Woods on the red river in texas all the way through it's like 16 miles. My question is what skill level would you say that is? I thought it was pretty tough. Took me about 5 hours and I will be sore in the morning. 

Medium due to ruts turns and length. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2020 at 9:46 PM, schdds said:

thanks. Made it over to Barnwell. Pretty cool. i'll wait until it gets a bit dryer, and get a bit 'better', and explore RR. 

I mean...I get a bit better...

Ridden Bills woods several times good training! Lol

barwell mtn, A couple times, I think it was the yellow trail was cool