Clearance issues with Athena big bore kit?

I have an Athena big bore kit for my drz125L i plan on putting on and im going to purchase my head mods. Has anyone used the athena kit and know about the piston clearance when moving to higher lift cams? Or will i have issues if i get procycles oversized valves?

Those valve are a little shorter than the Drz valves, I think that they are LT230 valves.   I have a set in a 250+cc motor, but I only run a Web 188 in that.  The shorter valve will limit the available lift capacity. The retainers get close to the seals), if you don't sink them into the seat a mm or two.  If you don't sink them, you're probably OK with some cam increase, but you won't be able to run some of the  bigger cams.  The stock 125 valve sizes are good for 150cc motors, so until you plan to go bigger than that, I'd leave the stock ones. 

Not really sure about the Athena piston, I haven't used one.   As with anything like this, you'll be better off if you assume that none of this stuff is bolt-on (a lot is, of course), and that all the pieces will need careful fitting.  Paying close attention to piston-valve clearance, piston-head clearance, valve spring pressures, and spring bind point will pay off. You'll have a fast and durable engine. 

• Like 1