Truck/Toyhauler Towing Questions

Been down this road, didnt care for it. I have a 2012 Ram 1500 with the hemi. It’s rated to tow 11,500 pounds. I had a 26 foot bumper pull toy hauler that weighed right around that 6800 pounds empty. Truck pulled it, stopped it a generally was not pushed around. It was still a lot of trailer for a half ton and exhausting to tow. Towed it once with my buddies 3/4 ton and it was light years better. Another friend has a 18 foot toy hauler and tows it with her 1/2 ton Chevy. Seems to be a much better size for the half ton. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I do have a question about the wheels on our 2018 Forrest River 18RB Toyhauler.  I would like to upgrade to some aluminum wheels.  They are 6 lug wheels, and I'm wondering if they are the same pattern as Ford, Chevy, Toyota, etcetera.  Any input would be appreciated.

23 hours ago, WALKINGWOUNDED said:

I do have a question about the wheels on our 2018 Forrest River 18RB Toyhauler.  I would like to upgrade to some aluminum wheels.  They are 6 lug wheels, and I'm wondering if they are the same pattern as Ford, Chevy, Toyota, etcetera.  Any input would be appreciated.

You need to verify the bolt circle pattern, wheel offset & the load capacity of the actual rim itself.

I would go to the local RV Toyhauler for the proper rims and fit. 

Don't risk using any rim that fits the pattern and not verify the other criteria.

A lot of new car wheels have too much Positive wheel offset to work on trailers.

• Like 2