TraderVic

Anyone try a Gnarly pipe on a 200 yet?

13 minutes ago, motoxgiant said:

One thing the 200 can not stand is a loss of range ...

Yeah, tank options not a thing for Beta.

Edited by Otto Kirk

1 minute ago, Otto Kirk said:

Yeah, tank options not a thing for Beta.

There is a larger IMS tank, but ... it's larger. I'd like to get some more range out of the stock tank.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, motoxgiant said:

There is a larger IMS tank, but ... it's larger. I'd like to get some more range out of the stock tank.

There is?? Didn’t see yet. Thanks!!

ahh ok see here.. ah not for 2020 yet though?

https://shop.betausa.com/p/3-1-gallon-fuel-tank-clear-125-300-rr/offroad-dual-sport_rr-rs-rr-s_2019-125-200-rr-race-ed-2-stroke_chassis_body-protection?pp=12

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

2 minutes ago, motoxgiant said:

I feel ya. All I can say is 'that power is like meth yo'. I'll chase it to the death. I'll pack gas if I have too. This is me holding back...and I've been running mod'd 200's for ages.

2 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Thanks! I’m not familiar with this. What are you using this on and how does it run with and without? It is still $300 . What’s a gnarly run? Similar? More??

The STIC cost is less than a pipe and sparky combo. Now as a rider, my 'happy place' is seeing what a less powerful bike can do. I embrace 'less is more'. Skill level reference. I've placed in the top of B class in a couple SoCal Qualifiers. Always have ridden a 200 with big 4t's and on plenty of unforgiving trails. I'm @ 210lbs.

I have a KX125 and 200SX, both are bone stock. On either bike there's no waiting for power and clutch work is greatly reduced. The first moment on the 200, the bike wanted to push me off the back. It was like I had to get in sink with a 250, at just the slightest crack of the throttle. When I headed out to a 3rd, 4th gear turn track with out any intention, the front end would hang a foot off the ground for quite a distance and if I added throttle it would easily have looped out. I've never had a mod'd 200 act anything like this. The 125 is always ready to pull hard and there's no hunting for that narrow peak. Bogs require complete lack of attention.

I did some Smart carb tinkering and right away I was back to feathering the clutch to get into the peak power, just like the stock PWK AS. So, where I could carry the front end til braking, I'd hardly get into good hp before braking.

FYI, there are early threads that got stupid haters. Best not get bogged down in those. The product has been refined and JD has special needles in his STIC kit. Smaller bores need to go with larger jet range than std kit, btw.

Edited by Otto Kirk
  • Helpful 1

26 minutes ago, Otto Kirk said:

The STIC cost is less than a pipe and sparky combo. Now as a rider, my 'happy place' is seeing what a less powerful bike can do. I embrace 'less is more'. Skill level reference. I've placed in the top of B class in a couple SoCal Qualifiers. Always have ridden a 200 with big 4t's and on plenty of unforgiving trails.

I have a KX125 and 200SX, both are bone stock. On either bike there's no waiting for power and clutch work is greatly reduced. The first moment on the 200, the bike wanted to push me off the back. It was like I had to get in sink with a 250, at just the slightest crack of the throttle. When I headed out to a 3rd, 4th gear turn track with out any intention, the front end would hang a foot off the ground for quite a distance and if I added throttle it would easily have looped out. I've never had a mod'd 200 act anything like this. The 125 is always ready to pull hard and there's no hunting for that narrow peak. Bogs require complete lack of attention.

I did some Smart carb tinkering and right away I was back to feathering the clutch to get into the peak power, just like the stock PWK AS. So, where I could carry the front end til braking, I'd hardly get into good hp before braking.

FYI, there are early threads that got stupid haters. Best not get bogged down in those. The product has been refined and JD has special needles in his STIC kit. Smaller bores need to go with larger jet range than std kit, btw.

Ok I get it. You like smaller.. and yea TT has more haters and trolls than all the other dirt sites combined for some reason. It’s sift out what works like panning for gold sometimes. It’s find what is of value and let the rubbish fall away.

Do guys run this STIC on bigger bore bikes? Like 300’s etc??? Like I said earlier I’m not familiar with this.

11 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Ok I get it. You like smaller.. and yea TT has more haters and trolls than all the other dirt sites combined for some reason. It’s sift out what works like panning for gold sometimes. It’s find what is of value and let the rubbish fall away.

Do guys run this STIC on bigger bore bikes? Like 300’s etc??? Like I said earlier I’m not familiar with this.

Yes, the KTM 300's are finicky on getting the jetting clean off idle and like to pipe bang. This looks to be solving that issue. I guess these guys also want to match up better to their 450 buddies power, maybe?

The TokyoOffRoad vids have 250 and 300's ripping and lugging up some steep climbs.

5 minutes ago, Otto Kirk said:

Yes, the KTM 300's are finicky on getting the jetting clean off idle and like to pipe bang. This looks to be solving that issue. I guess these guys also want to match up better to their 450 buddies power, maybe?

The TokyoOffRoad vids have 250 and 300's ripping and lugging up some steep climbs.

Hmm. I never knew anyone locally putting this on a Beta 250/300 . I never heard of guys putting them on ktm or Husky. Lots got lectron or smart carbs though. 

1 hour ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Hmm. I never knew anyone locally putting this on a Beta 250/300 . I never heard of guys putting them on ktm or Husky. Lots got lectron or smart carbs though. 

It's a newer product and really at first was for 'high performance' MX gains. Most 300 riders are concerned about the stock power getting away from them. It looks to be gaining momentum over on KTMTalk.

• Like 1

I’m watching this vid and realizing that Betas generally come out of the box with very little jetting needed or none . Im remembering my Honda mikuni cr 250 a bit and more of what I had to do for some jetting there. I only  went with a bigger pilot with the RK setup I have on my 300 rr. I wonder how much might be needed with a pipe change etc for the 200. I’m wondering if this STIC mod makes that much of a difference for a 200 rr. I’m clueless on them and haven’t heard of other Beta 200 guys with them..There are more questions with a gnarly pipe, scalvini pipe, aftermsrket heads/domes etc and this STIC etc. Im thinking fmf anf pro Circuit ought to have more models of pipes available too. The bike seems great stock.. all these goodies just are great add on options.