NEGbrap

Selling bike thoughts? All parts, or Part out

22 hours ago, Goatse said:

I had a similar scenario with a car I did a bunch of work on. It was a late model Pontiac GTO (which were never sold up here), and I put a ton of upgrades in it (blower, cam, forged wheels, brake kit, etc). It was full retard with close to 1000hp. I knew I'd never even get close to what I put into it (even with me doing all the work myself). But I listed it at a super fair price and had pretty well no interest (besides one person asking me if I could lower the power output). So after it sat all summer with no interest, I decided to put it back to near stock. I sold all the parts that winter for almost 20k. Then listed the car in the spring for only 5k less than it was listed the summer prior. It sold in 2 days for full asking price with multiple people in line... So I ended up 15k ahead of what full asking price would have been the year prior. 

All extras do is narrow the market for people interested in what you are selling IMO.

Being Alberta.It would of sold in a heartbeat if it had a 12 valve cummins in it.What year goat?

I've read this whole thread so far. Put the shiny stuff back on it, new plastics and close to OEM graphics. Then give everything you have for that bike to the buyer and be done. People who buy my racing machines are very happy when the deal is done. Done waste your time trying to sell items on e-bay or craigslist or any other format. H3LL take a small monetary loss and get rid of it. IMO, you've had your fun with the bike riding it, spending money on taking care of it, doing Aftermarket upgrades etc. Like the other TT person said, they are only Toys. Just saying... 

Edited by KnotAPro
don't waste your time selling items "not Done waste"

23 hours ago, Goatse said:

I had a similar scenario with a car I did a bunch of work on. It was a late model Pontiac GTO (which were never sold up here), and I put a ton of upgrades in it (blower, cam, forged wheels, brake kit, etc). It was full retard with close to 1000hp. I knew I'd never even get close to what I put into it (even with me doing all the work myself). But I listed it at a super fair price and had pretty well no interest (besides one person asking me if I could lower the power output). So after it sat all summer with no interest, I decided to put it back to near stock. I sold all the parts that winter for almost 20k. Then listed the car in the spring for only 5k less than it was listed the summer prior. It sold in 2 days for full asking price with multiple people in line... So I ended up 15k ahead of what full asking price would have been the year prior. 

All extras do is narrow the market for people interested in what you are selling IMO.

did you build that GTO for straight line racing?

13 hours ago, jcarlson9 said:

Looking for a pair of flex bars and a steering dampener for my 2017 40 RS, Thanks !

Wish you had posted this sooner....  I literally just sold my Flexxbars (haven't even shipped them yet) and I have a BRP rubber sub mount also for sale.  For the right price I could also be talked out of the Scott's damper too.  Below is a stock picture of what I have.  I can share some real life pictures once I get home if your interested.  I could possibly back out of the deal on the bars if you wanted to buy the whole setup.

Stock Picture.JPG

Edited by shortman

On 12/3/2019 at 10:31 AM, widebear said:

Being Alberta.It would of sold in a heartbeat if it had a 12 valve cummins in it.What year goat?

It was a 2005.

On 12/3/2019 at 11:36 AM, KnotAPro said:

did you build that GTO for straight line racing?

I didn't build it for racing. The first time I took it to the drag strip after the build, they told me to go home and not come back until I had a roll cage. I built it for fun, and my daughter loved going for rides in it. So not a chance I was going to wreck it by putting a roll cage in it. It was actually an extremely nice car to drive (until you hit the loud pedal).

And even though the car had pretty well every suspension mod possible (coilovers, thicker swaybars, every bushing swapped for poly), and a killer (full) set Wilwood BBK, I would still consider it a straight line car. It's a big heavy touring car with oodles of power. If that wheel was pointed anything but straight she was going sideways. That car was more like a carnival ride that it was a race car. So a road course in it, would be for the laughs and not the lap times. 

P.S. Sorry for the threadjack OP. 

2 hours ago, Goatse said:

It was a 2005.

I didn't build it for racing. The first time I took it to the drag strip after the build, they told me to go home and not come back until I had a roll cage. I built it for fun, and my daughter loved going for rides in it. So not a chance I was going to wreck it by putting a roll cage in it. It was actually an extremely nice car to drive (until you hit the loud pedal).

And even though the car had pretty well every suspension mod possible (coilovers, thicker swaybars, every bushing swapped for poly), and a killer (full) set Wilwood BBK, I would still consider it a straight line car. It's a big heavy touring car with oodles of power. If that wheel was pointed anything but straight she was going sideways. That car was more like a carnival ride that it was a race car. So a road course in it, would be for the laughs and not the lap times. 

P.S. Sorry for the threadjack OP. 

Still not trying to highjack the OP's thread. 1000hp does twist the frame, I know what you mean by the steering wheel and/or lack of traction brings High Performance GTO's around in a heart beat. 426hemi Cuda auto U-Turns just stumping the pedal rolling in 2nd gear. Had to go the emergency room to get the seat material out of my azz. Sorry! a little Navy Humor...