MotoAddicted

How often do you buy a new helmet?

7 hours ago, 00boob said:

Here is a good question to add to this topic..    What the best ANTI -FOG product or DIY mixture you know of?      I'll start..      Lemon Pledge furniture polish. Spray a small amount on a clean micro-fiber cloth. apply on inside of lenses, remove excess W/clean optic tissue.

I cannot yell this from the hill tops enough....  Buy dual pane goggles.   I use Fox Enduro dual pane goggles, but I'm sure there are other brands.   In the 5 years since I started using them I have not had my goggles fog once under any circumstance.   Fogging goggles suck, especially in circumstances where you can't just stop like it a hare scramble or enduro.  I'm not sure why the dual pane goggles haven't caught on and become the defacto standard for people riding off road.  I'm guessing it's because they cost a little more and people don't understand it will completely and permanently solve the fogging issue.

Seriously, put them on your Christmas list.

Doc

Edited by Doc_d
  • Helpful 1

Never ceases to amaze me how TT threads always veer off into personal conversations that have nothing to do with the original topic.

6 hours ago, Doc_d said:

I cannot yell this from the hill tops enough....  Buy dual pane goggles.   I use Fox Enduro dual pane goggles, but I'm sure there are other brands.   In the 5 years since I started using them I have not had my goggles fog once under any circumstance.   Fogging goggles suck, especially in circumstances where you can't just stop like it a hare scramble or enduro.  I'm not sure why the dual pane goggles haven't caught on and become the defacto standard for people riding off road.  I'm guessing it's because they cost a little more and people don't understand it will completely and permanently solve the fogging issue.

Seriously, put them on your Christmas list.

Doc

Thanks Doc, that's good advice/info and I will get some for my dirt helmet. I still have visors/shields on my street and ADV buckets so am still interested in any solutions out there.

3 hours ago, Timmae said:

Never ceases to amaze me how TT threads always veer off into personal conversations that have nothing to do with the original topic.

2 hours ago, k.g said:

And it always seems to be the same person doing it.

💩

4 hours ago, Timmae said:

Yeah. Tell me about it. 00boob is a bad Influence :devil:.

BTW. What did your post have to do with the topic?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, zippytech said:

The main helmet I use is a shoei from 1997. I know the protection is limited at this point, but I like it the best. I have a new bell but it's not broken in and I just don't put it on.

My main helmet is a Kali "Shiver". Compared to the Bell, they have very limited padding in them, they're also the smallest helmet you can get. After wearing the Kali, the Bell feels something like this to wear

Dark_Helmet.jpg

• Haha 1

Thanks Doc, that's good advice/info and I will get some for my dirt helmet. I still have visors/shields on my street and ADV buckets so am still interested in any solutions out there.
Try a Smith no fog cloth, follow directions
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Drop-Bear said:

00boob is a bad Influence :devil:.

THANKS! I call that high praise (considering the source :rolleyes:). As Winston Churchill used to say "KBO!" (Keep Buggering On!)

• Like 1