Deser_rider10

Are GPI radiators any good?

I just wrecked my yz and are in need of some new radiators. I found a pair of GPI’s I’ve read a little bit about them and so far seem pretty ok. Has anyone used a pair on their bike? Are they good quality? Do they hold up or do they bend easily? Do they work like a radiator should or are they just garbage? Can I run the oem radiator guards/ louvers? Do you have to buy their hoses or can I run stock? Thanks in advance 

i have installed two pair on my yz, they are great for the money and hold a bit more fluid. as far as bend resistance... not so much, but neither did the oem ones.. you will be very happy with the money saved.

• Like 1

I’ve dealt with 4 sets. Fitment has been good on a 03 YZ250F, perfect on a 06 WR250F, had to modify right side on a 03 YZ450F because it hit the headpipe. Last set was on a 03 KX / KDX hybrid that I was going to modify anyway for pipe clearance but fit perfect otherwise. Bang for the buck they’re a good deal in my opinion. Clay 

Ya I've got them on my 05 CFR250R and added Devol guard/braces with the $$$ I saved (which if I had in the first place, wouldn't of needed a new rad) and IMO both worth the cost.

I like the extra rad fluid but the one on the header side ALMOST touches the header but was able to loosen and adjust the exhaust for a bit more clearance.

I ended up using zip ties instead of the lower front shroud bolts on both sides but IMO no big deal.

Just my 2 cents :)

Crappy sloppy horrible welds, looks like they were done by an 8 year old in China.  Just look into the filler hole and you will see what I mean.  Mishimoto or the equivalent. ;)

• Like 1

I've used them on a crf250, yz250, and a yz85. All with guards or braces, never had a problem with them at all. My crf runs cooler than it did before, less overheating on the same trails and lower temps per the laser therm.

• Like 1

had 2 sets on a 06 crf450r bored to a 480, had 2 sets on a 14 crf250r, 1 set on a 11 ktm 350sxf, 1 set on a 10 yz250.

They work fine and are oversized a bit as well. Some rad guards fit, some dont. But for $80 a pair, if you smash them up its no big deal to replace them vs $200 a side oem rads....

• Like 1

I have 'em on both My Husky and CR500. They fitted both of these well, but there's been a couple of posts in the Honda 2 stroke section where guys have had minor fitment issues with some models. Post on the appropriate forum to check fitment on your model.

They can take a decent hit, much tougher than the stock Italian Husky one's, in fact the outer 'plate' on mine are as thick as the F1 braces it had on there, that failed miserably to protect the original rads. No guards/braces on the GPIs.

Edited by DEATH_INC.

Have a look how much OEM RM radiators are, and you'll think the GPI's look pretty bloody good 😂.

For an 06 RM 125 radiator, filler cap side, It was around $700.00 usd.
I got PWR to make me a custom set, to my design, the quality was as good as you can get, close to perfect welds (They make the radiators for a lot of V8 Super Car and F1 teams). They cost me 1.2K aud They were over sized, and heavy duty. They were obviously made from alloy, but Ironically gave me wood.

Funny how most everyone that endorses them buys multiples.  How good can they be if you keep replacing them ?  :lol:

They are actually really good radiators. Ive bought so many because racing and riding a lot they get trashed a lot easier vs a weekend rider. Imagine if I kept buying OEM radiators just to randomly wreck and obliterate one with a tree at 30mph.... yeah id be broke.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, RidingWithStyle said:

They are actually really good radiators. Ive bought so many because racing and riding a lot they get trashed a lot easier vs a weekend rider. Imagine if I kept buying OEM radiators just to randomly wreck and obliterate one with a tree at 30mph.... yeah id be broke.

Yeah I only ride on thanksgiving, New Years, Memorial Day weekend, and sometimes at the local track but that’s about it. I don’t push my bike to the max or anything but enough that I’d need a quality set of radiators that won’t bend or snap on a accidental tip over. I was also looking at the moose racing OEM replacement rads and the Mylers supercool radiators both around 120 and supposedly higher quality. I was also looking on eBay for some used OEM that were in decent shape which one is probably gonna last me the longest, the GPI, moose racing, Mylers, or used OEM radiators of eBay? I’ve been reading none stop for about 2 and half hours and I still don’t know. My next ride is New Years and I can’t afford or have the time to deal with incorrect sizes or cheap rads that will break on the first drop or not do their job? Which is my best option or if anyone has any other brand that they run and work for them I’ll take suggestions too. 

13 minutes ago, Deser_rider10 said:

Yeah I only ride on thanksgiving, New Years, Memorial Day weekend, and sometimes at the local track but that’s about it. I don’t push my bike to the max or anything but enough that I’d need a quality set of radiators that won’t bend or snap on a accidental tip over. I was also looking at the moose racing OEM replacement rads and the Mylers supercool radiators both around 120 and supposedly higher quality. I was also looking on eBay for some used OEM that were in decent shape which one is probably gonna last me the longest, the GPI, moose racing, Mylers, or used OEM radiators of eBay? I’ve been reading none stop for about 2 and half hours and I still don’t know. My next ride is New Years and I can’t afford or have the time to deal with incorrect sizes or cheap rads that will break on the first drop or not do their job? Which is my best option or if anyone has any other brand that they run and work for them I’ll take suggestions too. 

I got a set of alloy ones from Flea-Bay, they came with hoses as well. They might be GPI, no Idea. But, they work fine. One is bent like a banana but still functional. I'd prefer OEM or better, but for the price, they were worth trying. I'd get them again.

They weren't a perfect fit, but just needed a bit of force applied here and there while doing up the bolts. The OEM radiator guards went on fine.

Edited by Drop-Bear

Crappy sloppy horrible welds, looks like they were done by an 8 year old in China.  Just look into the filler hole and you will see what I mean.  Mishimoto or the equivalent.
Hey don't diss those child welders! Most of those 8 year olds have 3 or 4 years welding experience .

I use GPI radiators and hoses no problem.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Jeff aka Bolt said:

Funny how most everyone that endorses them buys multiples.  How good can they be if you keep replacing them ?  :lol:

i bought a few GPI sets after smashing a few oem sets on a 05 crf250r.  Always from crash damage, not punctures.  I was learning at that point and real hard on the bike.  I think the 250r wasn't built with good rad protection in mind.  The oem guards were just tiny louvers.   My current 19 te300i has oem rad guards and its been on its  side a lot in the last 60 hours and hard.  I'm pretty impressed with both the design of the oem plastic rad guards (shroud bolts to guard rather than radiator lip so no lip to break off, and guard boxes in and strengthens rad) and i suppose the rad itself.   I'd probably go oem on rad and guard this time around due to its good design and strength.  The guards are very inexpensive, the rads are okay i guess, like $200 a side or something.

7 hours ago, mmc205 said:

i bought a few GPI sets after smashing a few oem sets on a 05 crf250r.  Always from crash damage, not punctures.  I was learning at that point and real hard on the bike.  I think the 250r wasn't built with good rad protection in mind.  The oem guards were just tiny louvers.   My current 19 te300i has oem rad guards and its been on its  side a lot in the last 60 hours and hard.  I'm pretty impressed with both the design of the oem plastic rad guards (shroud bolts to guard rather than radiator lip so no lip to break off, and guard boxes in and strengthens rad) and i suppose the rad itself.   I'd probably go oem on rad and guard this time around due to its good design and strength.  The guards are very inexpensive, the rads are okay i guess, like $200 a side or something.

If that price is even close. I'd go OEM for sure.