Primal Enduro

2020 200rr turning problems. Is it really a thing?

Can anyone with a 2020 200rr comment on the steering, or supposed lack of? My 2019 200rr turns pretty tight with the stops turned in. Is the turning on the new 2020 200rr as limited as Kyle over at Dirt Bike Channel makes it out to be?  Also what about the 250/300 compared to the 125/200?

I've never ridden the 200, but it's not at all an issue on my '20 300 race. I also ride trials and can do figure 8's as well on this bike as well as my '15 300. Either this is a 125/200 issue or a Kyle issue 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sierra_rider said:

I've never ridden the 200, but it's not at all an issue on my '20 300 race. I also ride trials and can do figure 8's as well on this bike as well as my '15 300. Either this is a 125/200 issue or a Kyle issue 

to be fair, he does say it's only an issue for him on tight downhill switchbacks...which I don't have here in NJ.  my buddy does have a 20 300rr and says he can't turn as tight as his 2018 because of the radiator location.  perhaps the 125/200 frame is even worse?

Ex works the stop bolts are both too long and too far out.  Shorter bolts allow you to swing the forks fully without fitting the radiators.

I have about 500 miles on my 2020 200RR and it's not a problem at all. Buy one, ride it and grin from ear to ear.

• Like 4

It can not be a Kyle problem, cause Kyle is my hero and my heros are perfect.

1 hour ago, Chief said:

No, it’s a Kyle problem. 

That's what I'm trying to determine, as that was my first thought as well!

Then I've seen others have similar comments about the 2020 200rr.  So I thought I would reach out to the community see if anyone else feels the same.  my 2019 doesn't seem to be a problem.  

I seem to remember someone actually intentionally denting their brand new radiator to make clearance for the fork?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Primal Enduro said:

Can anyone with a 2020 200rr comment on the steering, or supposed lack of? My 2019 200rr turns pretty tight with the stops turned in. Is the turning on the new 2020 200rr as limited as Kyle over at Dirt Bike Channel makes it out to be?  Also what about the 250/300 compared to the 125/200?

Steering problem? The bike turns like no other... Friggin DBC

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Primal Enduro said:

to be fair, he does say it's only an issue for him on tight downhill switchbacks...which I don't have here in NJ.  my buddy does have a 20 300rr and says he can't turn as tight as his 2018 because of the radiator location.  perhaps the 125/200 frame is even worse?

I tested the bike exclusively in bar-lock, and I'm doing it much more precise and technical then DBC is. There is no problem... 

• Like 3
  • Helpful 2

I wouldn't say it's a problem but I've found it annoying in certain situations compared to my 2015 300. Mostly on steep downhills in-between and around large rocks. I ended up pulling the stop nuts and beating a contour into to rad tank to clear the forks. (This is on a 2020 300 not sure if 200 setup is the same)

Edited by Creme Fraiche
  • Helpful 1

3 hours ago, Hans Schmid said:

I tested the bike exclusively in bar-lock, and I'm doing it much more precise and technical then DBC is. There is no problem... 

This...I did some hard enduro training the other day on my '20. Stuff that would make the DBC guy shit himself, there was no problem on full-lock turns. If I need to turn any sharper, I'll just do a pivot turn.

• Like 3
  • Helpful 1

I feel like a lot of people in this thread are ignoring the fact that objectively the 200 has a much worse radius.

It doesn’t matter if it’s a problem to you or not, because that is subjective.

But that doesn’t change the fact that it’s turning radius is objectively worse than previous betas.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Matthew Larson said:

I feel like a lot of people in this thread are ignoring the fact that objectively the 200 has a much worse radius.

But that doesn’t change the fact that it’s turning radius is objectively worse than previous betas.

Is the 2020 200 with less turning radius than the 19???

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

32 minutes ago, Matthew Larson said:

It is a new first year frame and like all first year models there are issues. Every brand has issues the first year of a major change. Get over it, its really not that big a deal. Something beta will probably address in 2021 if there are enough complaints. Issues like this get blown way to far out of proportion in this forum. I think people look for something to bitch about. Bunch of mammas boys sitting on their fat asses on the computer bitching about petty shit. 

Edited by Eric72
  • Like 1

It is a new first year frame and like all first year models there are issues. Every brand has issues the first year of a major change. Get over it, its really not that big a deal. Something beta will probably address in 2021 if there are enough complaints. Issues like this get blown way to far out of proportion in this forum  

Wait. Do you want people to complain about it or not? You say.... get over it. But then you say it’ll only be fixed if people complain.
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Matthew Larson said:

Wait. Do you want people to complain about it or not? You say.... get over it. But then you say it’ll only be fixed if people complain.

You figure it out smart guy

7 minutes ago, Eric72 said:

It is a new first year frame and like all first year models there are issues. Every brand has issues the first year of a major change. Get over it, its really not that big a deal. Something beta will probably address in 2021 if there are enough complaints. Issues like this get blown way to far out of proportion in this forum. I think people look for something to bitch about. Bunch of mammas boys sitting on their fat asses on the computer bitching about petty shit. 

I figure things are good in the Beta universe if an almost imperceptible issue, is the big issue for a new model year. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sierra_rider said:

I figure things are good in the Beta universe if an almost imperceptible issue, is the big issue for a new model year. 

I agree, but sometimes i loose my patience with people complaining about petty shit. My biggest problem is that people expect WAY too much from these bikes. There are things about my 300 i do not like but it does not stop me from going out a few days a month and playing in the dirt.

I agree, but sometimes i loose my patience with people complaining about petty shit. My biggest problem is that people expect WAY too much from these bikes. There are things about my 300 i do not like but it does not stop me from going out a few days a month and playing in the dirt.

You need to honestly take a breather if it bothers you that someone said the turning radius is bad on the 200
  • Like 3