Primal Enduro

2020 200rr turning problems. Is it really a thing?

I think Kyle at DBC is comparing the 200's turning radius to other bikes, mostly KTM's, so is it possible he is correct? I dont know because I have not ridden as many bikes as Kyle has but it seems to be an issue based on other reviews. The bottom line is the 200 is an awesome bike and NO bike is perfect. Will a wider turning radius take away from your enjoyment is up to you. Go ride one and decide. 

• Like 1

I've shortened the stop bolts on my KTM a long time ago. Since then, I've noticed the lack of similar turning radius on my other bikes (no way to mod that). I say, if you run different bikes like that, you will absolutely notice, and it may bother you. But if it's the only bike, or all your bikes are the same, you'll never know and be happy. It's like adjusting for any other dimension, like wheelbase, trail, seat height, etc. 

My 19 200 does not turn as far as my previous KTM's or even older Beta's, but it doesn't bother me at all.  Again, Kyle is only complaining about 1 situation (downhill tight switchbacks).  I'm sure if he just learned a better technique for that situation it would solve the problem for him.  But I'm not solely concerned about DBC as I have heard others mention this issue (mostly in his comment section), I'm wondering if there is a real difference between the 2019 to 2020 Beta 200rr  or even 250/300 in this area?  

I love my Beta 200,  but it is possible Beta screwed up in this area on the 2020's

• Like 1

FWIW, I don't know if the '20 is worse than the '19, but I wouldn't mind if my '19 turned tighter.

I shortened the stops as much as possible and I can live with it, but I still wouldn't mind more.

I've had the same issue with KTMs in the past.

11 hours ago, Matthew Larson said:

I feel like a lot of people in this thread are ignoring the fact that objectively the 200 has a much worse radius.

It doesn’t matter if it’s a problem to you or not, because that is subjective.

But that doesn’t change the fact that it’s turning radius is objectively worse than previous betas.

Exactly!  I'm not really trying bag on DBC, enough people here have that covered.  I'm just trying to see what everyone else who owns or has ridden a 2020 200 thinks about it?

I'm someone who likes to be able to turn tightly in certain situations and the 19 200rr is just fine for me.  I was just interested to know how much 2020 changed in this regard.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Matthew Larson said:

I feel like a lot of people in this thread are ignoring the fact that objectively the 200 has a much worse radius.

So, your opinion is objective, and my opinion is subjective? :excuseme:

So, your opinion is objective, and my opinion is subjective? :excuseme:

Uh? No. Turning radius isn’t subjective. It can be objectively measured.

If it works for you, good, but that’s subjective. It doesn’t magically make the turning radius better because you are fine with it.

For some people it’ll be a big deal, for others like you, it’s not. That’s the definition of subjective.

Not to mention I didn’t give an opinion. I just said it’s worse, because it is.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Matthew Larson said:

Not to mention I didn’t give an opinion. I just said it’s worse, because it is.

Ok, just wanted to confirm who's opinion was subjective. Thanks! :cheers:

13 hours ago, Matthew Larson said:

But that doesn’t change the fact that it’s turning radius is objectively worse than previous betas.

Ok....but:

Unfortunately many of you have put DBC in a pedastel as the 'go to' guy when it now comes to information. So when you talk subjective, DBC has now set the standard to which you now are agreeing with. Herd mentality!! 

So instead of a conversation about the other benefits of the bike such as the improved chassis, motor, suspension, handling, you only want to focus on just this one area... 

Its ok, but try thinking for yourself, making your own conclusions that are not biased, and ones that are built through ownership and experience... 

Ok....but:
Unfortunately many of you have put DBC in a pedastel as the 'go to' guy when it now comes to information. So when you talk subjective, DBC has now set the standard to which you now are agreeing with. Herd mentality!! 
So instead of a conversation about the other benefits of the bike such as the improved chassis, motor, suspension, handling, you only want to focus on just this one area... 
Its ok, but try thinking for yourself, making your own conclusions that are not biased, and ones that are built through ownership and experience... 

Wow, you like to assume a whole ton... This is one person, asking one question, and the answer is... yes. The radius isn’t great in comparison.

I don’t even watch the dudes channel. Lol. Calm down. No one is attacking Beta. You are acting incredibly insecure.

2 minutes ago, Matthew Larson said:

Wow, you like to assume a whole ton... This is one person, asking one question, and the answer is... yes. The radius isn’t great in comparison.

I don’t even watch the dudes channel. Lol. Calm down. No one is attacking Beta. You are acting incredibly insecure.

Lol, sorry bud, but you bought it... You can't for one second step away and go "do I really think that or does someone else think that and I just need a reason to agree with it?“ 

Lol, I've been on this earth long enough to witness the same little song and dance that you are putting on. And for you to go further to say stuff like "calm down" and "you are acting incredibly insecure". Lol, I see through that BS too... People who say that are the same people who say "I'm just being honest" and "I just want to be your friend"...'vomit'... 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Subjectively: Not yet a problem that I've noticed on the 2020 200RR.
Objectively: I personally haven't needed to measure because it's not a problem that I feel I need to address on this bike. The exhaust coupler on the other hand SUCKS! but I think I solved that. Now I need to look for another problem to complain about... hmm...

Just now, Matthew Larson said:

Yikes man. Turning radius is not subjective, it’s an actual measurable number. I am at an actual loss of words on how to explain that to you.

So is weight, so are dyno runs.... Just because something on paper is 'fact' DOESN'T mean it translates the same in the field... 

I am at an actual loss of words on how to explain that to you

• Like 1

Subjectively: Not yet a problem that I've noticed on the 2020 200RR.
Objectively: I personally haven't needed to measure because it's not a problem that I feel I need to address on this bike. The exhaust coupler on the other hand SUCKS! but I think I solved that. Now I need to look for another problem to complain about... hmm...

“I personally” isn’t objective man. Dunno what you are trying to prove.

So is weight, so are dyno runs.... Just because something on paper is 'fact' DOESN'T mean it translates the same in the field... 
I am at an actual loss of words on how to explain that to you

I didn’t say it translated to the field for everyone. I said the number is objective and if that matters to someone that would be subjective.

Do I just need to repeat myself over and over now?
  • Like 1

Just now, Matthew Larson said:

“I personally” isn’t objective man. Dunno what you are trying to prove.

Damn you got me. I need to re-read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

• Like 1