Primal Enduro

2020 200rr turning problems. Is it really a thing?

1 minute ago, Matthew Larson said:

I didn’t say it translated to the field for everyone. I said the number is objective and if that matters to someone that would be subjective.

Do I just need to repeat myself over and over now?

My wife has a Masters Degree. She's a senior Geotechnical Engineer... Very smart... I didn't do a fraction of that. I fix irrigation and mow lawns for a living. 

But my wife cannot for the life of her solve basic simple problems, because like you she cannot get over the 'data'. It is either black or white, no grey... Like you, she would see the turning radius as a number on paper and that would be then cemented in her mind, and nothing else outside of that could change her mind. Before me, she would see a donkey video like DBCs push a couple bikes in a parking lot and AUTOMATICALLY write one off based on that fraction of information. It was sad, and took YEARS for her to understand that's just a small part of it. 

I see much the same with you... You just CAN'T get away from that, no matter what someone tells you.

Really, good luck... I'm sure whatever bike you choose with always be the best on paper... Lol

• Like 1

You have to be trolling right? I didn’t say it’s a bad bike, I didn’t even say it mattered at all. I just said that it’s worse than other bikes. The end.

Give it up man. Unsure why you are so hurt by someone saying it doesn’t have a great turning radius.

7 minutes ago, Hans Schmid said:

Even buddy mentioned, with a shortened wheel base it would change the way the bike turns/handles... 

Yep, sat on one at the local dealer, and it's noticeable. 

But, the turning radius of a bike on the pavement or on the dealer floor isn't the determining factor as to it's practical application on the trail. 

Kyle's on the trail demonstration only indicated his poor techniques rather than an issue with the bike. 

Dave Woods probably has more tight switchback experience than anyone and Kyle blaming the bike just further points to him stepping outside of his expertise and speaking on something he's not qualified to. 

Why he has chosen this 1 particular part of this bike to harp on is beyond me, because all bikes turn differently on the trail and there are several factors at play including technique, inertia of a heavy vs light bike, fork dive, wheel base as mentioned by Hans, etc. 

I'm sure the new 200rr can tackle any tight turns when properly set-up to rider's terrain and using proper techniques.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

2 minutes ago, Matthew Larson said:

You have to be trolling right? I didn’t say it’s a bad bike, I didn’t even say it mattered at all. I just said that it’s worse than other bikes. The end.

Give it up man. Unsure why you are so hurt by someone saying it doesn’t have a great turning radius.

Dude, you are just another donkey. That's all... I think you might more fulfillment joining (or creating) the DBC fan page

Dude, you are just another donkey. That's all... I think you might more fulfillment joining (or creating) the DBC fan page

Sounds like your feathers are ruffled easily by DBC and are taking it out on me with personal insults.

Ok.

5 minutes ago, Matthew Larson said:

Sounds like your feathers are ruffled easily by DBC and are taking it out on me with personal insults.

Ok.

Na, I've said my bit about DBC... a house build on sand sold to the masses though 4k video and bike giveaways...lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, firffighter said:

Why he has chosen this 1 particular part of this bike to harp on is beyond me,

Kyle has to come up with as much clickbait as he can because, ...that’s how he’s supporting his family now. 🙄

His product should be able to stand on its own without having to mention that every single time. It became cringeworthy to the point I quite watching altogether.

His content was a little more tolerable before making it his full time gig. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TraderVic said:

FWIW, I don't know if the '20 is worse than the '19, but I wouldn't mind if my '19 turned tighter.

I shortened the stops as much as possible and I can live with it, but I still wouldn't mind more.

I've had the same issue with KTMs in the past.

I removed the nuts from under the stop screws of my 2018 and it turns as sharp as Cheswick cheddar. 

Kyle don't wrench, he rides and writes. Matt is the snowball king.

• Like 2

Ride some tight switchbacks on a Trials bike. 

After that, the turning radius on every bike sucks. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Lessons for switchbacks. 

Maybe Kyle will sub to Barry's channel and practice the proper techniques! 

Edited by firffighter
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Beta300recat said:

I removed the nuts from under the stop screws of my 2018 and it turns as sharp as Cheswick cheddar. 

hahaha I prefer Cooper. :)

I've got mine to where the forks just hit the radiators.

It's fine, but it's not great. 

I mostly notice it when I have to lay it over to turn around in a tight spot.

Edited by TraderVic
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

So  what ...most  everyone on this thread went on a coffee binge and straight overly wound up today. 

Us?

Where's your Holcombe post........................... :p

• Helpful 1
  • Haha 1

I just simply wanted to know if the steering stops are an issue for anyone else other than Kyle.  I should have know better than to bring up DBC and expect the thread to stay on track.  I have a series of vids on my 2019 200 (which I adore BTW) and just want to point out if it is really an issue (or not) on the 2020's in my upcoming update.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Sierra_rider said:

Stupid shit I practice to overcome the limitations on steering:

I need to get out on the trials bike more...my technical skills have gone to shit.

I like your style Sir!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Primal Enduro said:

I have a series of vids on my 2019 200 (which I adore BTW) and just want to point out if it is really an issue

Don't do it. 

Seems innocent and helpful in the beginning, but soon you will be using adjectives that are best left for children gazing at a box of kittens, and breaking into tears during your morning shower. 

• Haha 3

Just now, hawaiidirtrider said:

You’re the guys freaking out about nothing. :excuseme: Oh no!!! I can’t turn my 200 rr!!!:smirk:

You're a KTM apologist. Leave now or risk crying in the shower. 

• Haha 1