somethingnuw

2015 beta 390 rrs with 3 hours

Super clean Beta 390 RR-S Bike is fully registered street legal 2.5 hrs on the meter Full street legal kit, with mirrors. Emperor Racing Radiator guards Aluminum skid plate Cycra hand guards with BRP bar clamp mounts Passenger foot peg kit

IS this thing worth 7800$ Canadian and do you believe it has only 3 hours on it? I wanted a FI bike but found this... anything i need to be worried about for the year?

Mods if i posted this in the wrong section please move sorry!  I thought it was better here then the which bike should i get forum... thank you

image.png.7a93dd1636da493b8aac02e56d4c1332.png

image.png

• Like 1

Looking closely at the cases, swingarm, frame guards, etc. I'd say it's definitely 3 hrs. 

$7800 Canadian is, what, about $5800 US. I'd say it's a great deal for sure and has some nice aftermarket.

Great reviews on that year as well: 

Hope this helps!

Edited by firffighter
  • Helpful 1

I'd be a bit suspicious of the wording, calling out "Full street legal kit, with mirrors" and not calling out the kicker (or was that stock in 2015?) maybe says the seller doesn't know much about what's being sold.. price seems rather too good as well.

Be wary..

edited to add:

If this is the listing: https://www.usedalberni.com/classified-ad/2015-Beta-390-RR-S-Street-legal-very-low-hours_35013219?

"Tuff City Powersports Ltd." hasn't been around very long, but a quick search hasn't turned up anything unusual.  If they aren't 'failing to mention' some serious issue.. sure seems like a deal.  

Edited by braindead0
  • Like 1

I didn't realize it was in Nanaimo! My wife and kids just got home from Duncan last night visiting family. If I had gone I might have brought that home! :smirk:

• Helpful 1

2 hours ago, braindead0 said:

I'd be a bit suspicious of the wording, calling out "Full street legal kit, with mirrors" and not calling out the kicker (or was that stock in 2015?) maybe says the seller doesn't know much about what's being sold.. price seems rather too good as well.

Be wary..

edited to add:

If this is the listing: https://www.usedalberni.com/classified-ad/2015-Beta-390-RR-S-Street-legal-very-low-hours_35013219?

"Tuff City Powersports Ltd." hasn't been around very long, but a quick search hasn't turned up anything unusual.  If they aren't 'failing to mention' some serious issue.. sure seems like a deal.  

Wow you good! Yes that’s it...their a beta dealer I sure hope they know the bikes...thank u...I know I’m suspicious by nature ...to their defence they mentioned street legal as Beta are not street legal in Canada....you have to find an inspection facility willing to jump through some hoops for you

Edited by somethingnuw
  • Like 1

2015 is the only year they were called "RS", at least in the USA....  The 390 RS would have been 50 state street legal here and they came with the kick start back then.....  I currently own a 15 500 RS and use it as my Dual Sport mount. 

OP....   This bike certainly looks like it only has the stated amount of hours on it...  If you are truly interested I would go see it in person...  I'm sure if you show up with cash in hand a deal could be made!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, shortman said:

2015 is the only year they were called "RS", at least in the USA....  The 390 RS would have been 50 state street legal here and they came with the kick start back then.....  I currently own a 15 500 RS and use it as my Dual Sport mount. 

OP....   This bike certainly looks like it only has the stated amount of hours on it...  If you are truly interested I would go see it in person...  I'm sure if you show up with cash in hand a deal could be made!

Trying it’s 2 hour drive plus 2 hour ferry ride...I’ve called them it’s still there...I need my wife to drive as I recently had surgery...trying to build it into a date...I want FI but I don’t here anybody complaining about carb cleaning these things...no matter what I do to my kids bikes carbs are a pita

1 hour ago, Piney Woods said:

This time of year, cash in hand is a very powerful tool.

I hope your right...it’s a consignment thing! So not sure what 5heir bottom line will be or if they can move

fwiw i am  local and bought  both my new Betas through Tuff City (2015 300 rrre and 2017 rr300 . Great guys and very involved in local scene  with sponsoring and supporting .  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, somethingnuw said:

Trying it’s 2 hour drive plus 2 hour ferry ride...I’ve called them it’s still there...I need my wife to drive as I recently had surgery...trying to build it into a date...I want FI but I don’t here anybody complaining about carb cleaning these things...no matter what I do to my kids bikes carbs are a pita

The bike will have the same Keihin FCR that my bike has....  I'm not gonna say it's all roses...  I had a time getting mine dialed in right after I got it but since then it's been rock solid.  Just a couple of tweaks from Summer to Winter is all that is needed....   Look at the bright side...   You won't have to deal with the charging / harness issues they have been experiencing with the FI bikes! 

I have a complete 477cc engine w/ECU should you decide you want more power!  I would trade you even..

Edited by shortman
Added Text
  • Like 2

FWIW, 5 year old bike for that $ doesn't seem a steal to me, more like what I would expect it to be priced at....PROVIDED it can be insured in BC for the street. The hrs are low but that doesn't mean it will be issue free, especially if the gas has soured.

If it isn't a dual sport then I'd say it is overpriced.

I'd get that cleared up with the dealer, they need to guarantee it can be plated legally.

I bought a 2016 350EXC-F for 7,000 2 years back. It had sat for a year, battery was dead and it had 9hrs/300km on the odo. The bat came back and I flushed out the oil, twice...which was a little milky on the first drop (to my horror)

Now has 110 hrs on it, runs great and the wife adores her little KTM

If you buy it let us know how it works out, eh?

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, shuswap1 said:

FWIW, 5 year old bike for that $ doesn't seem a steal to me, more like what I would expect it to be priced at....PROVIDED it can be insured in BC for the street. The hrs are low but that doesn't mean it will be issue free, especially if the gas has soured.

If it isn't a dual sport then I'd say it is overpriced.

I'd get that cleared up with the dealer, they need to guarantee it can be plated legally.

I bought a 2016 350EXC-F for 7,000 2 years back. It had sat for a year, battery was dead and it had 9hrs/300km on the odo. The bat came back and I flushed out the oil, twice...which was a little milky on the first drop (to my horror)

Now has 110 hrs on it, runs great and the wife adores her little KTM

If you buy it let us know how it works out, eh?

will do forsure… they have the manual and the  bike has been plated for the road... im just not sure if it was done correctly ( inspection) or just got a good auto insurance person on the right day.... this bike is what 14k out the door... add money for protection... at 8700 that's all right to me... but your right its probably close to MSRP back in 2015... they also said they have the stock sprockets the bike came with?  So im guessing the rider set it up for a DS?  Also has rear passenger pegs... not that it matter to me just more $ he spent... im just hoping in stock form I can chug along and ride trails with my 9 year old when he wants to go... we ride at Vedder Mtn... and the kids loops are challenging so he goes slow and I have to ride behind him... if not there I ride fire roads and double track bike will be great for that... thank you for you input

1 hour ago, shortman said:

The bike will have the same Keihin FCR that my bike has....  I'm not gonna say it's all roses...  I had a time getting mine dialed in right after I got it but since then it's been rock solid.  Just a couple of tweaks from Summer to Winter is all that is needed....   Look at the bright side...   You won't have to deal with the charging / harness issues they have been experiencing with the FI bikes! 

I have a complete 477cc engine w/ECU should you decide you want more power!  I would trade you even..

do you have to change jets between winter and summer?  I have never had that issue on any bike … but maybe im not a good enough enough rider to feel the response difference?  Sadly I've never changed a jet so it will probably require a trip to shop which I was hoping to avoid... I have 5 bikes in my house now... and its always the carbs... ya I know... I need to learn but they just make me so mad... my FI quad has never had an issue... so long as I run thinner oil in the winter it starts whatever cheap gas I put in 

You might want to enrichen a little in the winter, but I never bother with my bikes and my DRZ has the FCR. I can't even tell the difference in power when I climb 5,000 in the summer, so I may not be all that smart,eh? FWIW I do all our maintenance on everything from cars to skiis to bikes to boat and carbs aren't hard to do, mostly just clean and set and forget(sorta). Just keep the fuel relatively fresh (6 months is OK in my experience) and clean, especially clean.

FI has it's own issues, there is no free ride. I do love FI, but it doesn't always get it right either. Good on you for taking your kids riding, best thing my Dad ever did for me was to bring a little 100cc yamaha home for me to abuse. That was 55 years ago and I still love to ride, street or, even better...dirt.

4 hours ago, Andrew Graham said:

fwiw i am  local and bought  both my new Betas through Tuff City (2015 300 rrre and 2017 rr300 . Great guys and very involved in local scene  with sponsoring and supporting .  

I've sold a bike through Tuff City, and can confirm they are great guys to deal with. They were also involved with the Beta demo day last year which is where I met them and became aware of Tuff City and Beta in general. 

Edited by fatneck
typo
  • Like 1

On 12/2/2019 at 2:08 PM, somethingnuw said:

Super clean Beta 390 RR-S Bike is fully registered street legal 2.5 hrs on the meter Full street legal kit, with mirrors. Emperor Racing Radiator guards Aluminum skid plate Cycra hand guards with BRP bar clamp mounts Passenger foot peg kit

IS this thing worth 7800$ Canadian and do you believe it has only 3 hours on it? I wanted a FI bike but found this... anything i need to be worried about for the year?

Mods if i posted this in the wrong section please move sorry!  I thought it was better here then the which bike should i get forum... thank you

image.png.7a93dd1636da493b8aac02e56d4c1332.png

image.png

That is one =gorgeous= bike.  (not a motocrosser so I can't answer your value question)

• Like 2

Carbs are not a big deal, get a setting that works year round or maybe change the main and add an extended fuel screw, just adjust as needed and be done. Always use a stabilizer/with ethanol treatment if needed. BETAs are solid. You will love the bike and be thousands ahead.

• Like 2

with that low of hours on it, you might want to look into it closely. It was either a dealer demo or a warranty return. The original owner wouldn't only put 3 hours on it unless it broke