GBowman

Dungey

2 hours ago, KTMRider4Life said:

Dont get too excited fella's,  mah crystal ball says eventually you boys will learn this is all part of the world domination plan.   For now though,  have fun eatin chum.  I'll enjoy the comments. 👍

Hope you’re not taking it to hard 4life, I’m here if you need someone to talk to 

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, mick34 said:

Hope you’re not taking it to hard 4life, I’m here if you need someone to talk to 

Why would I be taking it hard? I'm here for my fans like you, O.L. Indy etc.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, KTMRider4Life said:

Makes me think even more so what I'm thinking could be true, interesting. 

Not true at all. The KTM bigs are unhappy with the 250 results and will probably take the team in house.  

Gieko Honda has a looooong contract with Honda, they’re not going anywhere. 

Dungets brother is one of the head mechanics there after leaving KTM. 

• Like 2
  • Helpful 2

Good for Ryan. Considering many of the other riders having a role with a brand after racing, I don't think anyone should care about Ryan working with another brand. No different than Emig with Husky, RV with Yam etc etc. Business is business.

• Like 4
  • Helpful 3

Happy to see people like Ryan Dungey stay active in the sport that brought them success after retirement from racing. Regardless of team affiliation, it's nice to see them stay involved and mentor and provide future stars a chance at similar success.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, NYMXer said:

Happy to see people like Ryan Dungey stay active in the sport that brought them success after retirement from racing. Regardless of team affiliation, it's nice to see them stay involved and mentor and provide future stars a chance at similar success.

All of the “True Champs” of the sport have stayed involved and are well respected for doing just that. 

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, GBowman said:

Not true at all. The KTM bigs are unhappy with the 250 results and will probably take the team in house.  

Gieko Honda has a looooong contract with Honda, they’re not going anywhere. 

Dungets brother is one of the head mechanics there after leaving KTM. 

What do you think TLD is gonna do? Close doors, Suzuki, back to Hondas, maybe another Yamaha team? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yz250f 78 said:

He took the job cuz he knows nothing else!

That's a pretty lame and disrespectful thing to say for a guy that really doesn't need to take a job with anyone due to his acquired wealth from the sport. He is giving back, not out of necessity, but love for a sport that he excelled at. I think it is admirable but haters are going to hate...

• Like 3
  • Helpful 1

3 minutes ago, NYMXer said:

That's a pretty lame and disrespectful thing to say for a guy that really doesn't need to take a job with anyone due to his acquired wealth from the sport. He is giving back, not out of necessity, but love for a sport that he excelled at. I think it is admirable but haters are going to hate...

Most people who put in 15-20 years on a career path and get to the top of a field with highly specialized skills usually stay in that or something close to it I think.

Some people do switch fields for sure but that is often a lot of career capital to leave behind.:ride:    

40 minutes ago, shmuck409 said:

What do you think TLD is gonna do? Close doors, Suzuki, back to Hondas, maybe another Yamaha team? 

Honda is the rumor, but KTM isn’t all the way out the door yet. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, KableXL said:

Honda makes the best bikes now,,, good choice DUNGEY.  Lets see if they put a rider in the 450 class,,,,  (will honda ALLOW IT?)

They did for Windham and Tomac 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jetfuel said:

All of the “True Champs” of the sport have stayed involved and are well respected for doing just that. 

Shots fired at a certain someone...... 

• Helpful 2
  • Haha 1