TM24 on a stock bore 125 ?

hi,

so i have an '03 drz125L, T4 circuit full exhaust. im really not a fan of the stock carbs on these bikes, the a/f screw location and the chock plunger.

looking to upgrade carbs, but im thinking stock bore 125 with just a pipe a VM26 might be a bit much, yeah ?

i do have a TM24 from a moped build laying around - idr what jets are in it but it was an aggressive (14k redline) 70cc metrakit.  BEFORE ya knock mopeds, 70mph on a 90lb 2stroke bike is pretty titz,, not gonna lie lol  get's your heart pumping with it trying to do power wheelies while leaning forward. 2spd auto

annnyyywayyyy,,, yeah. TM24. anyone done one before ? iirc i didnt see one listed on the tuning speadsheet

They work well on TW200s so should be plenty for a 125. Maybe a bit too much, but certainly worth a try to see.

I've run one on a stock displacement DRz125 motor, it's a good choice.

update.... so i got a VM 24 actually from Dennis Kirk (legit Mikuni brand!!) and im running a 42.5 pilot and 180 main. needle is in 3rd position (out of 5) from the top and she RIPS!! im 77' above sea level
no accel pump since it's a 2stroke carb,, but w/e. has maybe 1/4 of a second hesitation from slide closed to quick WOT but then it takes off. oh well, im extremely pleased with it and the bike is much much quicker than stock paired with the full T-4 circuit exhaust
happy motoring!

• Like 3