Have trouble to hit Brake if Tail is to low

Hi,

Anyone can give me some advice how to get it done to hit the rear brake if the tail is to low in the air?

Could manage to crank the throttle if my front is to low very easy now but realy come in trouble with the rear brake.

you guy`s hit it with the toes or heal?

Please let me know your Technique

Thanks

I think most people will tap the brake with their front part of their foot. Most of the time it comes natural to me, but recently, i about looped out and all i could do was hold on, I wasn't able to even attempt to pull in the clutch and tap the brake. Just remember, grip the bike with your legs and that will make it easier for you to loosen your grip and pull the clutch in.

Hi,

Anyone can give me some advice how to get it done to hit the rear brake if the tail is to low in the air?

Could manage to crank the throttle if my front is to low very easy now but realy come in trouble with the rear brake.

Thanks

To hit the brake, I take my whole foot off, and slam the rear brake. It's not a slow motion, it's a really fast motin. To use the clutch it just comes natural. What I did is this:

In the air, I would practice taking my right foot off the peg. Just a little bit. Really fast to, just up then right back on. I did that till I was comfortable, which was about 5 times. Then in the air, I practiced extending my fingers. This can be difficult because you may have a hard grip. But again, it's just out fir a quick second. Extend, then quickly bring back in. After I got that down, I would do both at the same time. Just pulling the feet off and extending my fingers. If I could get that down, I would do it at the same time, for real. After that, just did it once and got it no troubles. Remember when you try, purposly go A LITTLE above what you normally would. Niot a whole lot that if you don't do it you will crash, but do it so that your front wheel will come up that you can land safely.

Hopefully I didn't confuse you. Let me know if it worked for you.

Oh and your last question, I use the middle of my foot. I wear a size 9 boot and it's ahrd to reach, so I take my whole foot off and slam it down right in the middle, as if I were shifting. I use just about my whole foot when shifting so I don't miss shift.

Hi,

Thanks

To hit the brake, I take my whole foot off, and slam the rear brake. It's not a slow motion, it's a really fast motin. To use the clutch it just comes natural. What I did is this:

In the air, I would practice taking my right foot off the peg. Just a little bit. Really fast to, just up then right back on. I did that till I was comfortable, which was about 5 times. Then in the air, I practiced extending my fingers. This can be difficult because you may have a hard grip. But again, it's just out fir a quick second. Extend, then quickly bring back in. After I got that down, I would do both at the same time. Just pulling the feet off and extending my fingers. If I could get that down, I would do it at the same time, for real. After that, just did it once and got it no troubles. Remember when you try, purposly go A LITTLE above what you normally would. Niot a whole lot that if you don't do it you will crash, but do it so that your front wheel will come up that you can land safely.

Hopefully I didn't confuse you. Let me know if it worked for you.

Oh and your last question, I use the middle of my foot. I wear a size 9 boot and it's ahrd to reach, so I take my whole foot off and slam it down right in the middle, as if I were shifting. I use just about my whole foot when shifting so I don't miss shift.

personally myself I use just the tip of my toes, and hold in my clutch. Takes to much time to move whole foot. But 230 gave a good general idea

Thx Guy`s.

@230F that sounds like a good practice drill. ?

Will train that in my next session and let you know how it works out for me.

btw. i got Boots size 13 hahaha so also need to try wich part will hit brake best :awww:?

Greez from Germany

Baycrosser

I run 13 boots to I got big ol' flipper feet and like I said I use the toe. And it works out great.

Okey dokey i will do so.

mean with that size of feet it should be not so difficult to find the break whether with toe or heel ?:awww:

For me I have to take the whole boot off since I have 9 boots. I can hit it with my toes, but to be sure, I just use the whole foot. I can hit it just as fast, so it's no bother to me.

Oh yeah, since you are just going to use your toes, just extend out your fingers in the air. Once you are comfortable, then start pulling the clutch in, not tapping the brake. Then when you are comfortable, purposly bring the front tire a little high and pull in the clutch, and tap the brake. Practice a lot so when you need to hit the brake when you least expect it, you are ready and know how to do it quickly.

I have a problem similiar to that. But the thing for me is that if the tail is low then you will probably be leaning forward you won't be on the bike like you usually are. Therefore your foot will probably be under the brake. Do any of you guys have this same problem? That might be why you have trouble hitting the brake too, but I'm not sure.