00boob

What Was The First Dirt Bike You Ever Rode And where did you ride it?

Would like to hear from some of you older gents, might just learn these youngsters some HISTORY! (GRAMPA, WHATS A GREEVES?)

HISTORY LIKE THIS  The first REAL dirt bike I ever rode was a 71 Bultaco 125 Pursang. It looked a lot like this one.815308008_1971BultacoPursang125MK5right.JPG.a8044fa95b2bf60de5d0d9e1a7533410.JPG

I was 12. I went to watch a MX race at Indian Dunes in SOCAL, The bike belonged to a friend of my brothers. I WAS HOOKED! Speaking of history, see if you recognize the guy at the end of this video.  ENJOY!

Edited by 00boob
ad vid
  • Like 4

92 rm250, my brother in-laws bike rode it in the church parking lot and almost killed myself lol. Whiskey throttled a wheelie all the way across the parking, had absolutely no gear on but some how found the brake at the end of the lot headed for traffic on the street. I was 25 at the time and didn't ride again for 10 year's lol. Idk if that was the kinda of story you were looking for, but we always have a good laugh at how stupid we were 20 years ago.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, dlock5 said:

92 rm250, my brother in-laws bike rode it in the church parking lot and almost killed myself lol. Whiskey throttled a wheelie all the way across the parking, had absolutely no gear on but some how found the brake at the end of the lot headed for traffic on the street. I was 25 at the time and didn't ride again for 10 year's lol. Idk if that was the kinda of story you were looking for, but we always have a good laugh at how stupid we were 20 years ago.

PERFECT! Thats exactly the kind!!  Thanks for sharing!

Edited by 00boob

Just now, Fatt_Tones said:

1983 Kawasaki KD80.  Rode it in my driveway, along the powerlines, and on the rail bed in Atlantic Canada.

NICE! That riding on rail road rite a way's seems to be a common theme of dirt bike stories I have heard over the years. Thanks for sharing (SLIM)

• Like 1

Just now, rodent said:

Early 70's TS125(red) around my Nana's house 😎

GOT T LOVE NANA's they put up with a lot! (from those DAMN KIDS) :devil:  Thanks for sharing (NICE SAC by the way)

• Like 2

BSA, 250 ZC10 with knobblys. If it fell on you, you were f#$/ed such was its weight, Zunddap / NSU mopeds previous.

Got a Kawasaki SSS 90 after the BSA, run rings around the BSA, faster, more power, more suspension ( the SSS actually had some) and if it fell on you in the paddock? I could pick it up😆.

Edited by uniflow
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, uniflow said:

BSA, 250 ZC10 with knobblys. If it fell on you, you were f#$/ed such was its weight, Zunddap / NSU mopeds previous.

Got a Kawasaki SSS 90 after the BSA, run rings around the BSA, faster, more power, more suspension ( the SSS actually had some) and if it fell on you in the paddock? I could pick it up😆.

NICE! My friend and his brother both had BSA's. We took them camping one weekend about 20 miles up an arroyo (dry creek bed) What a work out. There's a good reason bikes aren't made with CAST IRON anymore!!  THANKS FOR SHARING UNI!

• Like 1

Just now, DEATH_INC. said:

One of these fearsome beasts. Hi and low range gearbox. Got to the end of the drive, stopped, then flipped it upside down in the middle of the road.

1973_TC100K_brochure_800.jpg

The good old days of rotary valve induction😆 , before the reed rot set in. 

• Helpful 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DEATH_INC. said:

One of these fearsome beasts. Hi and low range gearbox. Got to the end of the drive, stopped, then flipped it upside down in the middle of the road.

1973_TC100K_brochure_800.jpg

SHE SURE WAS PRETTY! look at that guard on the pipe, Graduated cheese grater!  THANKS FOR SHARING INC!

• Like 1

Comon@BIF let's hear it!
Well my pops and I picked up a 1969 can-am mx5 250 for 75 bucks trans was seized so we dug into it I'm 15 mind you so didn't know much apparently neither did my pops but found the culprit two broken gears so the silly bastard takes them to the Caltrans machine shop has them welded and machined great idea well after a few weekends we got that machine running like well like a can-am it was a mover and a shaker I could barely hold on up and down our road I went till remember those gears I told you about ya they decided to come apart and send me by myself down the rest of the driveway that was a sweet day let me tell ya
  • Like 1

OOOHHH to be young and dumb and full of come again........it would have been nice to have the dollars and sense that we have now though :(

'70's 

20191229-174101.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BIF said:
28 minutes ago, 00boob said:
Comon@BIF let's hear it!

Well my pops and I picked up a 1969 can-am mx5 250 for 75 bucks trans was seized so we dug into it I'm 15 mind you so didn't know much apparently neither did my pops but found the culprit two broken gears so the silly bastard takes them to the Caltrans machine shop has them welded and machined great idea well after a few weekends we got that machine running like well like a can-am it was a mover and a shaker I could barely hold on up and down our road I went till remember those gears I told you about ya they decided to come apart and send me by myself down the rest of the driveway that was a sweet day let me tell ya

NICE! I love hearing about other peoples first rides! It's something that we all went through and is usually pretty comical! THANKS BIF and thanks for getting those carb measurements earlier!!

4 minutes ago, rodent said:

OOOHHH to be young and dumb and full of come again........it would have been nice to have the dollars and sense that we have now though :(

'70's 

20191229-174101.jpg

DITCH WITCH!